Author Topic: Warmer weather in the fall as a standard now  (Read 3841 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Warmer weather in the fall as a standard now
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 02:32:43 pm »
Exactly Paul.We deal with it the best we can.Many schedules are dictated by it.Lucky that man is probably the most adaptable creature out there.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:06 pm »
^^^
Yep, especially when you live in the "wacky weather" center of the country like me. High today-70deg, "high" tomorrow-46deg...  :o
 This evening was out picking the New Zealand spinach because it's going to be a hard frost tonight. Great variety for the Summer, not so much for the Fall.
( But mine was the only fresh and local spinach at Farmer's Market in August.. ;D )

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 04:08:21 am »
I am with you Ed, use to be the normal around here, you was sure you would have a killing frost by mid Oct.Heck I have seen it snow on Halloween, Now it seems more like middle of Nov.for much frost or a freeze, even though the are calling for frost and freeze this weekend this year. Now most of our snow comes in Late Feb. and March I remember back in the 70's they were saying global cooling, then global warming , now climate change  ??? ;) :) :) One thing for sure the Climate seems to be changing ,but ha it always has. ;) My farm was once under water. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 05:28:52 am »
I am with you Ed, use to be the normal around here, you was sure you would have a killing frost by mid Oct.Heck I have seen it snow on Halloween, Now it seems more like middle of Nov.for much frost or a freeze, even though the are calling for frost and freeze this weekend this year. Now most of our snow comes in Late Feb. and March I remember back in the 70's they were saying global cooling, then global warming , now climate change  ??? ;) :) :) One thing for sure the Climate seems to be changing ,but ha it always has. ;) My farm was once under water. ;)
 Pappy
Yeah Pappy, I remember times were hard just after the ice age ;)
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 05:39:31 am »
 Pappy
Yeah Pappy, I remember times were hard just after the ice age ;)
Del

I'm thinking "times were hard" during the Ice Age too...  ;)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 09:17:07 am »
Yes fellas.It's like said earlier.Seems the schedule is off a good 2 to 3 weeks with it being cooler longer in the spring.That can raise havick with the growing season length time for crops and many other construction lengths of times and other professions contingent on scheduling from the weather.Might seem it all shifts over nicely to be able to be good yet but that's not in a real world and not always so.
It's really no bother for me being retired and all but a life style dictated by it is hard not to notice for the next generation coming up too.
Much land years ago in Iowa and other states was under water or at least a slew or swamp till man came and tiled it all dry to produce.Without doing that though the economy and country would'nt be where it is today though.Having a far range vision to be able to adapt is needed.Don't really think it's any different then the way things were changing decades ago and changes were made then too.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Lucasade

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 03:18:19 pm »
Here in the Midlands of the UK we hardly seem to get winter any more. Last year we had precisely half an hour of snow which had gone within three hours. I don't think we had more than five frosts. The year before that I don't remember any frost at all.  I'm now routinely mowing lawns until mid November and starting again at the back end of February. It's how wet the ground is that limits things rather than whether the grass is growing or not. When I lived here in the early 90s I can remember inches of snow falling and staying for days or weeks and cold from late September to March.