Author Topic: searching for photo uploading  (Read 1740 times)

Offline simson

• stonehill-primitive-bows
    • stonehill-primitive-bows
searching for photo uploading
« on: July 07, 2017, 02:58:36 pm »
that d..... photobucket thing has captured all my pics on all my postings here. What a mess!!!
Can't find a way to get them working again. Also searching how to post new pics or take part on BOM.

At least I could rescue my site with the great help of my son Andi (Thanks a lot, I was really down!)

So, what is a good easy way to post images again. I'm not the best with that computer work ...

For those of you who remember my thread about a wide limbed osage - it's now on my site:
http://primitive-bows.com/osage-three-toes-5728-no-91/

Simon
Bavaria, Germany

Offline Ed Brooks

Re: searching for photo uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 03:29:09 pm »
I've opened mine in paint and resized them, then saved them to my computer and just DL them from the computer. hope this helps. Ed
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline loon

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »
http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,56806.msg852077.html#msg852077

I should be able to fix all the old photobucket images in the forum, with automation, if PA's admins help me out...

i've seen that you've uploaded some images to some .de site. your own website? You can right click on those images, open in new tab and copy the url from address bar or just right click and copy image address, paste the link ending in .jpg or .png (a direct link to an image) and surround it with img tags by selecting the pasted image link and clicking that button in the middle left in PA that looks like the mona lisa (shows Insert Image when you hover over it)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 05:36:02 pm »
So far, am pleased with imgur.com as hosting site for images. Easy to use and responsive. Bubby and at least several others on PA are using it.
And, yes, let's wish the plague on photobucket.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline ntvbowyer1969

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 06:17:20 pm »
I had it happen also bud. I also used Imgur to redo all my pics. Thank gosh I still had them all in my computer and saved them. It was actually a lot easier to use than photobucket.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 10:29:54 pm »
Dang Simson, that's a lot of beautiful bow pictures to lose. I am very sad to hear they are no longer on PA.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 10:57:56 pm »
That was part of inspiration .....I loved looking back to the old posts and seeing the fantastic bows.  All of the profiles, front, side, braced, FD......the best ones made me want to copied their bows.  I still look back and wish the pic's were not deleted.....
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline leonwood

• Leonwood Bows
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 04:25:43 pm »
Sorry to hear your pics are affected as well, your buildalongs are my biggest inspiration!
I work in the IT business so if you would like some help getting the old pictures transferred to some other account and link them up to the old posts I will be glad to do so

Offline loon

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2017, 08:23:05 pm »
I'm considering making a web app, a small web site that would allow you to see these photobucket pictures.

Now what I'm wondering is, would you rather paste a link to a thread to that web site, or press "quote" at the top right of a post, copy the contents with the bbcode (the brackety stuff), and paste them on my website to see the post with the pictures?

Would you be able to do the latter? It would be easier for me. Or, which would you prefer? It's less work if I pick one.

ie the link to this thread is http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=61002
I guess I could make a link of the form http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=61002.msg852955#msg852955 work too.