Author Topic: Photo Bucket  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Mad Max

Photo Bucket
« on: June 30, 2017, 10:26:58 pm »
What's up
Pictures from a year ago are missing.
How far back does it go?
Is this a scam? (not from photobucket)
I have been using Imgur too
But what do we have to do to get the pictures back up?
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Photo Bucket
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 10:28:48 pm »
Pay PB's ransom.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline loon

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 10:33:07 pm »
right click, open image in new tab
save the image, upload somewhere else

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 01:23:25 am »
I will say this, photobucket is insane if they think people will pay that price that they are asking. They can pound sand as far as i am concerned. If i have to i will screen shot all my pics instead of paying them to print any of them
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:45:57 am »
You got that right bubby.Like I said on another related thread....RIDICULAS!!!!!!They are taking the old saying what the market will bear theme a little too far.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 06:22:17 pm »
I imagine the rest of them will jump on the band wagon after all of the Photo Bucket people switch to them. I'll load mine on a stick.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

mikekeswick

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 01:45:18 am »
I imagine the rest of them will jump on the band wagon after all of the Photo Bucket people switch to them. I'll load mine on a stick.

Yes they are all run by the same people ultimately. Get people using something, to the point where they think they need it , then put price up to whatever you want. Think mobile 'phone'. Great business model if you don't mind screwing the public.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 07:55:34 am »
Unfortunately I don't think uploading all the pics to the PA server is an option.  We'll just be back to where we were a few years ago with server overload and the forums slowing down to the point where we would have to wait minutes for a page to load.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 12:43:49 pm »
I just save them to a folder on my PC and resize them with Microsoft Paint. Its the only way I ever learned how to do it.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 12:52:59 pm »
Yes in the past I've resized pictures to send to the PA and it worked fine,Then for some reason I think the switching from windows 8.1 to 10 it did'nt work any more so I used photobucket.
I'm not that tech savy at all.In fact I saw the motives of these tech companies long ago to get people dependant on them.One reason why I did'nt get a computer till 2006 only because the banking system I'm using made it less costly to deal with them.
Might try that resizing procedure again to debunk photo bucket.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 12:57:54 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
Ed

Offline DC

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 01:09:25 pm »
I took one of my old cameras and set it to 640x480(no resizing necessary). It sits on my computer desk and is only used for internet posting.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 04:02:47 pm »
I believe the lowest resolution setting on most digital cameras will give you the 640x480 needed to post pics on PA directly. I keep my digital camera set at that and change it from there as needed.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline jaxenro

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 04:44:48 pm »
I have been on a lot of message boards in the past week. Model cars, trains, firearms, black powder, knives, photography, travel, archery, there are a lot of very angry people around

No matter what photo bucket is trying to do for revenue they have just destroyed their name and reputation. If they grandfathered in all the old pictures and had the new ones pay per view it would have been different but they just hosed years worth of message board and forum posts by millions of people and done so in a very public way to make enemies of most of their potential customers. I haven't seen this big a fiasco since new coke

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 04:52:32 pm »
I checked into my account with photobucket.Some time ago over a year ago I ran out of space to store pics with them on their initial 2GB free space,At that time they gave me options.I went with the 20plus option.It gave me 20 GB of space.10 times what I had.They wanted 29.99/year for that.I was pissed but I paid it.It's on a continual payment cycle every year at now at 29.99/year.I've looked at my records of payment and that is what it is.
I've posted a lot of pictures as you may know.I still have only used 14% capacity.Apparently it has the 3rd party hosting option on it because I'm able to put pics on the forum without them being deleted.
Their options of 50 plus/100 plus does not allow 3rd party hosting but the 500 plus does and that's the 400.00 rip off they want.I'm sure everyone has seen this.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 05:04:17 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
Ed

Offline Mad Max

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2017, 07:00:05 pm »
If only I made decent money... hosting wouldn't have to be that much more than what they're asking

imgur still works :\

I use Imgur too.
But it's all the pic. that are already out there is what p's me off.
I would rather fail trying to do something above my means, Than to succeed at something beneath my means.