Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Shooting machine and a heavy Turkish flight bow

<< < (6/7) > >>

Badger:
  Great distances. The heavier arrows do tend to fly better, hard to give up the potential speed of the lighter arrows but they just don't seem to carry as well.

mikekeswick:
My re-sinewed flight bow is ready to be tested again. It is somewhere around 100#@28 now.
The new greenheart 6 piece arrows are ready to be tested. Turkish style nocks made from osage, parchment fletchings and antler points, weights from 220 - 240 grains. They are surprisingly stiff. I'll take some photos of the arrows soon and report back on distances when I get a chance to get out on a nice day.

Badger:
  I am predicting you hit 500 yards! Good luck and keep us posted

mikekeswick:

--- Quote from: Aaron H on August 31, 2017, 08:51:23 am ---Very cool Mike, how does that compare using the same bow drawn by hand?

--- End quote ---
Just noticed your question....All my flight arrows are shorter than 28 and would need me to shoot with a siper. This is something I haven't tried yet. I rigged the machine up with an overdraw to accommodate the shorter arrows with a 28 inch draw. I guess as long as the draw time is the same then there shouldn't be much of a difference. I can set the machine up at 45 degs +/- and it will always shoot the same so it will be more consistent - useful for determining which arrows are actually flying the best.

BowEd:
I'd think they would shoot faster or farther from a trigger release opposed to a finger release.Probably not as much using a thumb ring yet though.Not as much friction & time during release I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version