Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Shooting machine and a heavy Turkish flight bow

<< < (3/7) > >>

Aaron H:
Very cool Mike, bow and machine both look great

Selfbowman:
I like it mike. See ya in August. Arvin

Badger:
  I bought a compound trigger for my machine that uses a thumb trigger that pushes instead of pulls. Makes the triggering a lot easier

mikekeswick:

--- Quote from: Badger on July 03, 2017, 10:06:57 pm ---  I bought a compound trigger for my machine that uses a thumb trigger that pushes instead of pulls. Makes the triggering a lot easier

--- End quote ---

Haha yes my friend told me about those when he saw what I had made....doh! I just used what I had lying about.

mikekeswick:
So I finally got around to letting a few fly.
The wind wasn't ideal, about 20 mph from over my shoulder and I had a trigger malfunction so only got to shoot half of my arrows. I noticed that the bow was only drawn to 27 inches when I had finished, it can go to 28 1/2. String was a 16 strand B50.
Best shot 470 ish yards.
I 'm guessing but maybe with ideal conditions and a good linen string, full draw etc this bow might push 550 - 600yds.
I have a lot of new hornbows slowly progressing and am making some very heavy Turkish flight bows to try and get close to the legendary distances of old :) Adam has been getting close and that is fuel for the fire!
I also have a new order of Tonkin cane coming to make more sectional boo arrows a la Alan Cases methods. Thanks for that build-a-long Alan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version