Author Topic: varied opinions expressed in a positive way, a thank you  (Read 3258 times)

Offline bradsmith2010

varied opinions expressed in a positive way, a thank you
« on: June 10, 2017, 07:10:37 pm »
 I just wanted to express my appreciation for the way you guys are able to discuss different ways of doing things and different opinions is such a postive way,,it is very refreshing and has not gone unnoticed,, thank you,  B :)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: varied opinions expressed in a positive way, a thank you
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 08:27:59 pm »
There's more than one way to skin a cat or bend a piece of wood.  It takes a good group of people to accept that and not argue.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »
When we quit listening to other options we quit learning. We have a great group of folks here on PA and we all like discussing bows, no matter how you did it...plus we don't allow bad behavior.  ;)   :OK
 Brad, we appreciate you for sharing your experiences with wood bows with up. We have some of the best wood bow minds here from all parts of the world and we all seem to be in it for the same reason, learning, teaching, discussing, building and shooting wood bows.  (SH)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:14:56 pm »
the collective knowledge is amazing,, I really appreciate it, when I started, it was not so accessable,, I have learned more here in the last couple of years , than I did in the previous 10,,,some of what I learned supported what I thought,, and some has been eye opening for sure,, :BB

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:50:15 pm »
^ Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've found that people who are at the top of their craft, no matter what it is, are always open to considering other points of view. It's the best way to learn.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 06:35:50 am »
Good thread thanks for posting it Brad. I have many times thought exactly the same way. I love how even when I ask what I think is a simple question I almost always end up with several different ways to approach my problem. Great group of bowyers and good sensable rules. I have learned and continue to learn so much in the short time I have been here. It just amazes me and I very much look forward to more learning.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline jaxenro

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 06:43:13 am »
The wealth of knowledge here is amazing and posters are respectful of one another's viewpoints. It is truly a great place to learn from and contribute to.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 07:20:19 am »
I would imagine long long ago when two tribal nations got together for whatever reason the knowledge was shared in a constructive way also.Sort of a reflection of what goes on here in a way.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline George Tsoukalas

• Traditional and Primitive Archers
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 08:25:13 am »
Great, post, Brad. Jawge
Set Happens!
If you ain't breakin' you ain't makin!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 05:36:22 am »
Yep great bunch around here for sure, I learned a long time ago that there are very few hard fast rules in wood bow building. A lot of different ways to the same end. If some one tell you this is how it has to be done they are usually not correct .We have very little of that around, they just tell what worked or didn't work for them and let the bowyer use the info or not. Got to love that. I go on a few other sites and it just isn't the same on most of them. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 07:46:09 am »
I to have been pleased with the willingness to share info. on this site. And for the most part the info. is correct and helpful.i think we all have found out that some of our info. was incorrect at a later date . It's fun to share your knowledge with like minded hobbiest also. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline Bob W.

Re: varied opinions expressed in Absolutelya positive way, a thank you
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2017, 07:54:55 am »
Absolutely I dont have the experience that a lot of you have  but I thank you all for sharing your knowledge, heck I read old posts from Pat B. and a few others going back years! A wealth of knowledge on PA. Thanks Bob W.

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 05:00:22 am »
I think its like were pretty much sorta a family here you can disagree a still remain friends if you close your mind your dead in the water in my opinion !
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 07:06:22 am »
It is a nice place to listen and learn, and having so many different opinions makes you think some...
thanks.
Bob  :OK
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline shofu

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 11:25:59 am »
Thanks for bringing this up Brad - this forum is like a bow: simple, amazingly evolved, and (dare I say?), beautiful.
Cheers,
George
Cheers,
George