Author Topic: Marshall Shoot  (Read 2209 times)

Offline JEB

Marshall Shoot
« on: June 01, 2017, 10:51:58 pm »
A very special event for those who have never been there.  It was loaded with some of the finest flintknappers and selfbow makers.

How is this for a line up.  Pearl Drums, Matt Wirwicki, Osage Outlaw, BJRogg, Don Gilson, Mike Cook, Norm Blaker, Steve Lout, Frank Stevens and some Guy from Ohio, lol.

But three guys really made it a very special weekend for my wife and I. It started with Pearl lightening up his sons selfbow and handing it to my wife and told her, it is a gift.  She shot it and didvery well with it and plans on hunting with it this fall. Then Clint, who I met for the first time on Saturday although we had some dealings on PA decided to hand me two buckets of knapping rock and then while visiting BJ and his wife at his trailer I was handed one of BJ self made arrow with one of his stone points.

The generosity of some of the members of this site is beyond description.  My wife Chris and I say thank you all for making last weekend a very special one for both of us.  Thanks again to Chris, Clint and BJ.

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Marshall Shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 11:10:32 pm »
It was great to finally meet you and your wife Jeb.  You have been more than generous to me through trades on here.  2 buckets of rocks was the least I could do for you.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 05:31:14 am »
Jeb, meeting your wife and visiting with the two of you was the highlight of our Marshall trip. Like Clint said you have been so generous and helpful to me and my brother, I should have handed you the whole quiver. It was worth it just to see the excitement in your eyes. Still praying for your wife, she certainly was looking great. Bless you both
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 07:00:37 am »
I'm glad Chris likes the bow. Nothing makes me more happy than seeing a bow used that would otherwise hang on a peg for years. I wish her good luck and you know I will need a picture if she gets some venison with it this fall.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 01:39:14 pm »
Speaking of pictures???
I am glad you all had a good time. To bad it's a little to far for me.
Great line up.I have met quite a few and enjoy the company of all.
Maybe Flint Ridge this Labor Day
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 01:45:37 pm »
Zuma if you go to the events and gatherings area you will find several dozens of them in regards to Marshall 2017.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 02:49:54 pm »
Zuma go look at the Marshall 2017 thread posted below it has pages of pictures. It's in the events and gatherings or something like that column
Bjrogg

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 02:52:17 pm »
Zuma it's Primitive Shoots and Events. They have pictures from all the gatherings, really interesting
Bjrogg

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 06:02:01 pm »
Speaking of pictures???
I am glad you all had a good time. To bad it's a little to far for me.
Great line up.I have met quite a few and enjoy the company of all.
Maybe Flint Ridge this Labor Day
Zuma

Here is the thread with the pictures.  There are a lot of them posted starting on this page.

http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php?topic=57610.435
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Zuma

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 10:32:09 am »
Thanks for the directions guys and the link Clint.
A pleasure seeing you-all having a good time.
Really a top notch gathering. The mimi militia
looks like a force to be recconed with. :)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2017, 10:34:42 am »
Glad you found it Zuma
Bjrogg