Author Topic: How to know if the bow is aligned?  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Emmet

Re: How to know if the bow is aligned?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 09:25:09 am »
I nock an arrow. If it is close to straight its good.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 09:53:13 am »
Emmet, not to belittle your comment but it's giving the bow too much credit and not enough to properly spined arrows. Having the arrow lining up straight only refers to a cut to center bow.
 IMO, until first brace, when the bow is under tension, you can not know how the string aligns.
 Also, if the handle is not in alignment with the rest of the bow the string alignment can look off when it is only the handle that is not in alignment.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Emmet

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 01:28:15 pm »
Maybe so, I'm just saying you can look at it six different ways but if it doesn't roll in the hand when drawn and there's minimal off set when nocked it will shoot straight. Too much off set, tuning is too finicky. None of mine are cut to center but the ones that are too far off need better aliening. Too much off set can be shot with weaker arrow but weak arrows tend to shoot loose groups. Ive hung it by the string and looked down it or laid it on one tip and held the other to site down it. Its deceiving. When full drawn your pulling it to alignment so to me off set at braced is the more important factor. I agree pressure has to be centered in the handle to eliminate torque.