Author Topic: Honey harvest  (Read 1602 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Honey harvest
« on: September 03, 2017, 08:18:59 pm »
We've got a couple of hives.No big operation,but more then plenty for us.Straight from the bees butt!!!!We sell a bit at the farmers market.This year around 3 gallons.Last year was around 4.5 gallons.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:46:27 pm by Beadman »
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline JonW

Re: Honey harvest
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 09:14:29 pm »
Nice haul Ed! That honey I got from you at MOJAM was delicious. Didn't last a week!

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 09:21:34 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it.It is gooood stuff!!!Mike gave his approval on it too!!!There are a few people here needing it for health reasons or they can't eat regular sugar.Forgot what you call that.
BowEd
Ed

Offline JonW

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 09:26:09 pm »
I don't have a problem with sugar other than liking it too much lol. I do use it as a replacement though. Dropped 30 pounds by eliminating sugar from my diet.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 07:43:16 am »
Ed, that looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet! no pun intended. Just bought some cappings to chew on from a lady about an hour out of town. I've always wanted to have a hive or two but from what I understand the initial investment is something like $500, which we'd have to save up for. Maybe someday...
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 09:30:00 am »
Yes in the beginning it can be kind of a wash as far as expenses go.There's more to bee keeping and understanding them then what most people think.It was something for Robin and me to do together.We are still newbies in a lot of ways to it.
There are bee clubs all over really.Free seminars to help understand things.Kind of a craze the last decade or so.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:07:39 am by Beadman »
BowEd
Ed