Author Topic: Sinew Processes ?  (Read 30596 times)

Offline DC

Re: Sinew Processes ?
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2017, 04:11:27 pm »
The one that surprised me was the glue "crayon" that they scrubbed on the bow and then laid the sinew on that. Page 166-167 TBB1.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2017, 06:27:24 pm »
I defintely need to start a bow before I forget some of this,, :)

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2017, 06:49:02 pm »
Don't worry Brad it's mostly over 60s crowd here well have to start it over in a week so we don't forget  >:D
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Whiskeyjet

« Reply #183 on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:08 pm »
Perfect timing for a thread like this for me, just started my first sinew job. PatM, first of all thanks for sharing your techniques, I've read that stickied thread a few times. I have been attempting your technique using  vetrap and it is sweating glue out great, but I am having trouble with it sticking when I try to remove it.  I thought maybe I was not getting it hot enough, but then when I used more heat it seemed like the wrap was shrinking/melting.  If you have any advice for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks to all for such an engrossing discussion.

Offline PatM

« Reply #184 on: May 18, 2017, 08:29:23 pm »
Perfect timing for a thread like this for me, just started my first sinew job. PatM, first of all thanks for sharing your techniques, I've read that stickied thread a few times. I have been attempting your technique using  vetrap and it is sweating glue out great, but I am having trouble with it sticking when I try to remove it.  I thought maybe I was not getting it hot enough, but then when I used more heat it seemed like the wrap was shrinking/melting.  If you have any advice for me, I would be grateful.

Thanks to all for such an engrossing discussion.
Try sponging off the squeeze out right away before you let it gel and then try to peel it off more gently after it gels. Try not to let it dry.  You can hold the sinew down by hand just to give it a bit of help while you peel.

I might have to add some video how to...