Author Topic: Spirit Station 2017  (Read 4896 times)

Offline Parnell

Re: Spirit Station 2017
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 11:17:24 am »
I'll 2nd that, Paul!  Great to meet you and your daughter!
1’—>1’

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 11:56:22 am »
Upstatenybowyer, the Spirit Station is an outcrop of rocks across the creek from the camping area that folks have added "cave drawings" and other spiritual things. It is a very spiritual place. I was there last year with Joe York and Outback Bob while Joe blessed it with smoke from his  peace pipe.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 05:18:21 pm »
Good job folks
Thanks for sharing some pics with us
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2017, 06:09:01 am »
A few more pictures, very well done folks. I thought we years ago I might get some flack from some on calling it the Sprit station, I will just say it is to each what ever they make of it and to me a very special place to go by myself to  think and ponder things. Thanks again for adding some more special memories of yall and the place. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Parnell

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2017, 08:22:46 am »
I'm with you on your point of view, Pappy.  That spot has a significance to me that is personal.  It represents something that I keep for myself.

Also, I see that spot as representing the core values of self sufficiency, creativity, good will and the "human spirit".   To me that's what the hand print represents.   Noble things that the modern world too often seems to be leaving behind.  A special spot.
1’—>1’

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2017, 08:56:03 pm »
Upstatenybowyer, the Spirit Station is an outcrop of rocks across the creek from the camping area that folks have added "cave drawings" and other spiritual things. It is a very spiritual place. I was there last year with Joe York and Outback Bob while Joe blessed it with smoke from his  peace pipe.

Thanks Pat. I love the idea of working within nature to create places of power like that. Right now I'm working on building a "house" for my 2 kids. The entrance is between two huge Beech trees with walls and cathedral ceilings made of long saplings tied together with bark and smaller saplings.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline iowabow

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:31 pm »
I like it is not specific in its meaning and allows the visitor to envision their own experience.
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2017, 06:23:36 am »
I think it's a perfect name.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb