Author Topic: Things my wife says...  (Read 6124 times)

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Things my wife says...
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2017, 04:48:01 pm »
My missus, doesn't shoot but she has a good eye for tiller.
My fave comment of hers was...
"There's character, and there's too much character"  :o ::)
She was right... I re-worked it.
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2017, 07:18:04 pm »
Eddie, will you have Cathy call me when the day comes.  :OK
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 06:51:59 pm »
My wife does not pay any attention to my bow making,,but she did say if she was gonna shoot a bow ,, she would shoot a real bow like mine,, :)

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 02:09:49 pm »
So before flying to Arizona last week, I put a bow and a set of six arrows in a tube and shipped them ahead of me.  When they arrived addressed to the charming young lady I was there to see, she was confused.  She finally got the end opened up and before she reached in to pull out whatever was in there, the light bulb appeared above her head. 

Her hand froze and she turned her face to me with here eyes and mouth competing to see which could open the widest.  In the tiniest little girl voice she whispered, "no...."  I just nodded up and down.

She pulled the bow out and started crying.  I try so hard not to make a woman cry, but this time I did it and I did it good. She kept turning it over and over in her hands until she saw the writing on the lower limb....Cersei.  If you are a Game of Thrones fan, this hickory stave was half finished and thrown into the corner of shame, shame, Shame, SHAME!  SHAME! SHAME! Somewhere along the line, I forgot what was wrong and finished it out at 40# draw at 26". Tiffany sees the good in the Game of Thrones character, Cersei, and claims to see the good in me as well.

When she got around to it, she hugged me hard enough to crack ribs and said, "You made it for ME!  You made one of your bows for ME!"

No matter how things may work out with her in the future, I can always say that I really made her happy that one time!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 03:09:52 pm »
Cool, Mr Ed and Mr John!!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 03:15:18 pm by Knoll »
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 03:49:20 pm »
Love it when that happens JW. Good Luck in the future
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 09:49:38 pm »
Awesome story Mr. Halverson!!! - OneBow
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 09:21:16 am by Onebowonder »

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2017, 01:18:02 am »
JW -better than a bouquet of flowers, I bet.   Mullet, just label everything over price and mark it firm, non negotiable" let me know when the sale is😀  The bug bites the ladies, too.  We sort of had a "failure to proceed" yesterday out in the middle of nowhere, and the Little Fiddle Woman, got tired of sitting around, and picked up a bunch of probably knappAble rocks, and some shards of pottery that are not yet identified.  Made a possible disaster worthwhile, luckily only a dead battery.  The ladies do   Put up with abunch of weird stuff.  Got to remember to take 'em out to dinner now and then and some flowers and chocolate or favorite wine😀  Candy is dandy, but. Liquor is quicker" (Ogden Nash)
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline shofu

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2017, 01:58:09 am »
JW - that is the best.  I am a Game of Thrones fan and I think Cersei is hot.  I wish I was related to her...
I am also hugely jealous of you.  If I made my Jenny a bow she would also cry, then it would revert to the laughter that spawned the crying and she would likely say: "Did you make this? I didn't think you would ever finish one! Who is Cersei? One of your girlfriends? Oh, no nevermind I trust you - you don't have time to cheat on your bows"  :D
G
Cheers,
George

Online sleek

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2017, 04:30:08 am »
So before flying to Arizona last week, I put a bow and a set of six arrows in a tube and shipped them ahead of me.  When they arrived addressed to the charming young lady I was there to see, she was confused.  She finally got the end opened up and before she reached in to pull out whatever was in there, the light bulb appeared above her head. 

Her hand froze and she turned her face to me with here eyes and mouth competing to see which could open the widest.  In the tiniest little girl voice she whispered, "no...."  I just nodded up and down.

She pulled the bow out and started crying.  I try so hard not to make a woman cry, but this time I did it and I did it good. She kept turning it over and over in her hands until she saw the writing on the lower limb....Cersei.  If you are a Game of Thrones fan, this hickory stave was half finished and thrown into the corner of shame, shame, Shame, SHAME!  SHAME! SHAME! Somewhere along the line, I forgot what was wrong and finished it out at 40# draw at 26". Tiffany sees the good in the Game of Thrones character, Cersei, and claims to see the good in me as well.

When she got around to it, she hugged me hard enough to crack ribs and said, "You made it for ME!  You made one of your bows for ME!"

No matter how things may work out with her in the future, I can always say that I really made her happy that one time!

Jw, you make lots of folks really happy.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Ballasted_Bowyer

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2017, 12:33:27 pm »
Me: shall I cook the black rockfish and then watch a movie together?
She: I was hoping to paint an elephant with my foot.
Somebody in my head: are you sure the elephant wants to be painted?
Acts 10:12-13  "It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. Then a voice told him, 'Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.'"