Author Topic: He's got that chezzy grin again  (Read 1504 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
He's got that chezzy grin again
« on: March 20, 2017, 10:57:32 pm »
My buddy really likes the second bow I made him. He was heartbroken when he broke the first one trying to string it. I made him another. It's a little lighter than the first but still about 50lbs at his hunting draw. I'm sure he could get a couple more inches draw but he puts em where he's looking and likes that anchor so I'm sure not gonna try to change him. He came over yesterday and shot it till his arm was sore. But from the smile on his face I think it was what you call a good sore.
Just another HHB 51 lbs at 26" he will put the finishing touches on himself and I'm sure it'll look great. All I got is one picture
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: He's got that chezzy grin again
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 10:59:28 pm »
Tiller looks great. Nothing like making a good friend happy.  :)
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:02:30 pm »
Thanks upstate, it really makes me grin too.
Bjrogg

Offline loon

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:11:21 pm »
Nice bow, I like the hooks

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:36:04 pm »
Nice favor to your friend bjrogg.Very nice looking bow too.Maybe we'll hear from him later about it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline DuBois

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 12:20:31 am »
Very nice bow and gesture. How you like working on HHB?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 04:02:26 am »
Nice !
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline selfbow joe

• 1-812-344-1590
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 06:18:03 am »
Nice looking bow

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 06:50:25 am »
Thanks guys sorry I had to go to bed right after I posted this last night. My wife was calling if you know what I mean.
Thanks loon I think I got the hooks figured out now. At least if I don't let the pot run out of water lol.
Thanks Ed, this is the one he gave me a airbrush for. Good trade for both of us. His smile alone is worth it and I'm sure he feels the same watching me use the airbrush. I'm trying to get him to be a member here. I know he lurks some, but says he is always on computer for work and just doesn't want to be on it after. I really think he's got what it takes to get a buck with this bow.
Thanks DuBois, I really like the HHB. But then it's almost the only wood I've used. Counting kids bows I think I finished 19 bows now and all but two where HHB. Got a little bit of the yellow stuff curing. Also a couple billits that Pearl gave me I need to work on. Got a hickory stave to, and trying to get something from a Elm. It can be challenging when it's wonky and it likes to get wonky.
Thanks Bob Thanks Joe
Bjrogg

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 06:56:09 am by bjrogg »