Author Topic: Northern Community Bow.  (Read 3051 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Northern Community Bow.
« on: March 13, 2008, 01:32:50 am »
Koan(Brian) e-mailed me last week to tell me that the Northern Community Bow Set was raffled at the NWTF National Banquet and they received $300 for the set. This is a little disappointing because we all know how much time, money and effort that went into the making of this beautiful set. Koan said they had it well displayed at the entrance but offered it in a silent auction so there was no bidding war.
   Primitive Archer did get good press from this and the Southern Community Bow Set and that was our purpose for offering the sets to these organizations. The Southern Community Bow Set went to RMEF but I haven't heard from them yet. I sent an e-mail to Kristy Bosworth, a rep with RMEF, but she will be out of town until March 17. As soon as I hear from Kristy, I'll post the results here.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Northern Community Bow.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 07:47:56 am »
That ant to bad,and I guess we didn't do it for the money anyway.Events like
that,most folks just don't appreciate a selfbow.they think it is just for display.  :)
      Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:03:55 am »
Well if PA received some good press then it was worth it but ........
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:53 am »
Maybe we ought to put some titanium cams on the next one............. >:D ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:50:26 am »
Doesn't seem too bad and the cause is good. Maybe brainstorm and come up with some alternative plans for the future?
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Ryano

• Ryan O'Sullivan, North Western Pennsylvania
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 10:56:44 am »
Pat, I received a email from the winner and he seemed very excited about it. I think he was amassed he got it so cheap. Here is a copy of the email.

I wanted to thank you and everyone involved in making the very special, one of a kind, bow, arrows, quiver and case.  I can't believe I was the lucky one to receive it at the NTWF banquet.  I have been a bow hunter for 35 years and this will be a very prized possession. 

Thank you.

Brent Treadaway
Its November, I'm gone hunt'in.......
Osage is still better.....

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 11:34:42 am »
That's cool even if it didn't bring that much - bet it got some peoples minds to thinking down different avenues/maybe/I hope ;D. Sounds like Mr.Treadaway was impressed ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Gordon

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 12:27:59 pm »
It looks like it went to someone who would very much appreciate what he has and he seems like a nice person also. You can't ask for much more than that.
Gordon

jamie

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 12:36:52 pm »
who cares about the money . the benefit is showing even one more person that an alternative to the b.s. they are fed still exists.

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 07:50:28 pm »
Amen to that Jamie..another compound just bit the dust! ;)...Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:59:42 am »
I don't care about the money for money sake...and I am very pleased that Brent really appreciates the set...and that NWTF got a few more bucks to work with and I am happy that PA got the press it did from this venture. That was the main thing we were going for when we decided what to do with both the Northern and Southern Community Bows; publicity for PA.
   I know how much time and effort went into both sets and for the contributers sake I wished this set  would have brought in more bucks. Oh well, we can all be proud of both the Northern and Southern Community Bows! The success happened before NWTF and RMEF got them for their auctions.
 ;) 8)

Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC