Author Topic: Shooting Shorty  (Read 9224 times)

Offline possum

Re: Shooting Shorty
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 02:54:48 pm »
"Once you get the hang of shooting these small bows your shooting with longer bows will have become even better. "

Yup, that's my plan!! ;D ;)

OK, maybe not but if it happens then I'll be happy.  I just like the short bows in the crowded woods and I don't like treestands.
I'd check limb tips, arrow weight and release.  But then again, it's been said by better people than me. :-\

possum
"To ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good." George Washington

mebane NC

Offline donnieonetrack

Re: Shooting Shorty
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 06:48:25 pm »
Well I lowered the weight of the stronger bow to around 47#'s.  It made the bow/me shoot tons better.  I'm hitting pine cones consistantly at 35 yards with 26" 500 grain cane arrows.  I wrapped a little sinew at 22.5" to keep my draw lenght consistant.  I feel like I can shoot better now than I ever did with a 27" draw.

Also, found that tiller changes hand shock somewhat.  When I reduced the weight I also retillered the bow and it made a great difference in the feel and shootablity.

take care,

Donnie

Donnie Wilkerson
Gainesville, Florida