Author Topic: Introducing BOB, the Boring Osage Bow  (Read 8410 times)

Offline loon

Re: Introducing BOB, the Boring Osage Bow
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2016, 10:30:11 pm »
Beautifully simple. Really like the design.

Offline hoosierf

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2017, 12:23:53 pm »
Greetings primitive archers. I ended up with Bob, and he is fantastic. Many thanks to Eric on a terrific bow. It's just beautiful in its simplicity.  I'll be slinging arrows in the dark and snow tonight.

I'm new to the forum but I've built some successful hickory and oak bows.  I own a Dwyer and a Montana, but I'm hooked on selfows.  I'm just a wood butcher when it comes right down to it, but I love the anticipation of building bows. You just never quite know what you're gonna get.

Thanks to all of the contributors here. I've learned a ton from your writings...and from my many and sometimes spectacular failures....

Best,

From a Hoosier in the frozen tundra

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2017, 07:59:29 pm »
I failed to check the date when this thread was started and didn't realize until I ran across my own comment liking the bow!  Well, then I went back and took yet another hard look at the bow with a critical eye. 

Sure enough...BOW-RING. But you can bore me, baby, eight beats to the bar with bows like this eight days a week.  Feel free to shoot that bow to death! Something tells me it will be in there punching no matter how many rounds the fight may be.  Eric did right by that stave!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline mwosborn

• Mitch Osborn
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2017, 08:24:40 pm »
I like Bob.  Well done.
Enjoy the hunt!  Mitch

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 03:41:25 am »
Well done Eric. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!