Author Topic: Charged with voodoo  (Read 6483 times)

Offline hawkbow

• High Country Archer
Re: Charged with voodoo
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 06:45:38 pm »
your story made my day brother... I would have loved to see the look in her face... Mike A/ho
IT IS BETTER TO LOSE WITH HONOR. THAN TO WIN THROUGH DECEPTION...

Mike "Hawk" Huston

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 08:46:39 pm »
I'm gettin those looks at the post office lately :D. I know I'm gettin talked about behind my back ;D. Good one!!
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 08:51:33 pm »
 I've often wondered what the nieghbors think when they see me going back and forth from the shop to the house always with a bow in my hand and sometimes arrows.    ;D >:D  Keenan

Offline DanaM

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 08:54:55 pm »
The ladies at the post office look forward to my visits ;D They don't think I'm weird for shipping logs, of course they are Yoopers ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

PK

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 11:20:09 pm »
My Neighbors and the offices down stairs from me know I like making bows, and it does not bother them that I hack away on boards and logs and shoot arrows into a target on a big piece of plywood. The guy next door to my place is a drummer and he's not afraid of any arrows going through the wall,Cause he Knows I don't Miss the Target, Nobody thinks I'm wierd cause of what I make or do they just think I'm Wierd period.HA HA ;D in an Artistic way that is. >:D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 04:48:40 am by PK »

Offline The Burnt Hill Archer

• Potter County, Pennsylvania
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 12:57:48 pm »
    we havnt got a whole lot of eastern red cedar around here, and the bug has bit me to make a elb out of it. the only problem is that it only grows in town, in peoples front yards. you should have seen the looks and responses i got when i asked if i could cut their nice "pine" tree for a bow. one guy asked how i was going to put the cams on it!!!! "i just kinda chuckled and said, naw my bows dont need training wheels." i love it!!!!

Phil
stalk softly, and carry a bent stick.