Author Topic: That's Cool.  (Read 2263 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
That's Cool.
« on: January 10, 2017, 06:41:17 pm »
Almost, ;D. Just heard on the news that Florida is the only State out of fifty that doesn't have snow. :-\That means they will all be heading here, soon. :'(
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: That's Cool.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 08:05:02 pm »
They were coming anyway, Eddie.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:51:59 pm »
What's the temp been down there Eddie?

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 05:18:32 am »
I'll send Ya some Snow if Ya really want some Eddie  O:) ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 08:56:05 am »
It's been a crazy Winter so far up here.  A couple night ago it was -30 when we went to bed and -10 when we got up and the long range weather shows pretty well all of January having temps just below or slightly above the freezing mark for daytime highs.  Won't be burning a lot of firewood this year.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 09:34:08 am »
It was below 20 degrees over the weekend.  Going to be 65 tomorrow.  It's funny how warm 35 degrees can feel after its been 15 for a few days.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:17:58 am »
You guys down there in Florida don't get much more than frost do you????A little different snow coming from the Atalntic to the eastern coastal states lately into the Carolinas.Coldest it's gotten here was maybe -5 so far here.Above normal.I've only burned a little over 1 cord of wood so far.That's heating 1800 square feet.Way below normal.Almost half.Just a few inches of snow too.Hav'nt even started the tractor up once for it.Don't believe the frost is all that deep in the ground either.Good for now but next year the ticks will be a bigger pain.The winter is not over yet and thought it would get back at us here later but now am thinking the trend will continue.Just short cold periods with longer periods of above normal temps.
California is finally getting some rain.Too much at once too but that's the way it is in that rougher ground.Would'nt wish that on anybody really.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Parnell

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:35 am »
I'm all the way down.  It did get down to 38 Sunday morning.  That's cold for here.  It's about back to bathing suit weather now.
I'm amazed at the growing population of Canadians in S Florida.  Lots of folks from New Brunswick/Ontario and a fair amount of Quebec plates.
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 12:32:44 pm »
My wife is headed that way for a 3 week stay, the warm air makes her sick bones feel so much better. You be nice to her, Eddie Parker!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 01:06:29 pm »
What's the temp been down there Eddie?

Sunday it got down to 34 in the center of the State, today it's creeping up into the 80's. And, I don't need any snow ;D.

Steve, you are right about the Canadians. I think the population has doubled up here and you see Maple leaf flags in every Trailer Park.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline Parnell

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 01:44:38 pm »
My wife is headed that way for a 3 week stay, the warm air makes her sick bones feel so much better. You be nice to her, Eddie Parker!

What part of the state, PD?
1’—>1’

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 02:53:08 pm »
Steve-O she is staying in Cocoa Beach. Her brother rents a house for 2 months every winter. He flies back and forth when work allows.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 08:21:24 pm »
Sounds like she's closer to me, 2 hours away. Maybe they'll have a launch while she is there. Those are cool at night.
Lakeland, Florida