Author Topic: A cheap simple display  (Read 3683 times)

Offline BarredOwl

Re: A cheap simple display
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 10:03:35 pm »
Sure would be cool if this was how everyone hunted. Your right Pearl this is a real trophy to me. Thanks for all the kind words guys
Bjrogg

It sure would be cool if this is the way everyone hunted it's not so much that I feel ethically superior to anyone but I know the same as many here do for sure just exactly what it takes to bring that deer to the table!  Most hunters will never know what they're missing I'm sure greatfull I followed through with this aided by the inspiration and knowledge here.  Ive not experienced anything as pure as my first primitive kill thus far in my life. 

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
Awesome!!! Nice work on the display and the bow kill. That's a gooder, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 03:03:16 pm »
BarredOwl I'm with you. I really honestly feel if everyone would try hunting this way they would be so surprised how much they enjoyed it. You don't need a huge wall hanger to have a true trophy that you are really proud of. In my zone in Michigan gun season is shotgun only which was a bit of a challenge. Now they allowed a new round that's advertised as a 300yard whitetail hunter. It's selling of the shelf. I guess that's ok but the hunt then just becomes for that big rack and they aren't happy with anything else. I hunt because I enjoy the hunt and I doubt I'd enjoy shooting a 14 point B&C at 300 yards as much as I enjoyed shooting this 4 point with my own bow I made from 9 paces. Just my opinion nothing against the big 14 point 300 yard shot. I know that requires skill to it's just not for me. It can be hard to watch those animals just a little out of my comfort range, but it is great entertainment and a great learning opportunity. Happy Hunting to all whatever your method, and thanks again for all the help and encouragement that helped me get to this spot.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise