Author Topic: Osage Molly- finished pics on pg 3  (Read 5967 times)

Offline ajooter

Re: Levered "Molly-esc" Osage
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 10:19:59 pm »
I think tapering your width on the levers will help but you will need to focus on tapering the belly of the working portions of the limbs before the levers to really round out your tiller.  I would leave that kink in the top limb alone and just make a slight belly reduction after that kink.  The kink os already giving you a natural deflex/bend.  The lower limb you can work on a belly taper in a larger portion of the working limb.  Im sure you will still have plenty of draw weight even acter tillering.

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: Levered "Molly-esc" Osage
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 10:42:12 pm »
^ Sounds like a plan. I really appreciate your suggestions.  :)

Parnell, I most certainly have the bug, just ask the Mrs.  :D You should see how many I've broken!  :o

"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline upstatenybowyer

Re: "Molly-esc" Osage- re-tillered
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 08:20:51 pm »
I posted this bow a while back and decided to go back and rework it. It was pulling 60+ back then, so I had alot to work with. I tried to straighten out some of the wonkiness and get more bend in the outer portions of the working limbs.

I'd really love to hear what you think of it now, especially Osage Outlaw, bradsmith 2010, beadman, ajooter, aaron and loon, as you all gave me such great suggestions. All feedback is welcome though!
"Even as the archer loves the arrow that flies, so too he loves the bow that remains constant in his hands."

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Mo_coon-catcher

Re: "Molly-esc" Osage- new and improved? see page 2
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2017, 08:30:02 pm »
That looks a lot better. I bet it feels better at the shot too. It looks real good.

Kyle

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »
The tiller looks much better.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 09:22:02 pm »
Thanks guys. It still pulls over 50#. I replaced the backing w/ cherry bark, touched up the shape of handle, and made the lever fades way more gradual.

Nigerian Proverb

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 12:39:11 am »
Looks a lot better.Nice job.Good thing you had plenty of wood to stream line it more.Looks great.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:57 am »
Looks a lot better.Nice job.Good thing you had plenty of wood to stream line it more.Looks great.

Cool, thanks Bead. I think it's gonna look sweet with cherry bark and a new handle wrap. This bow helps me see how much I've learned in the past few months and it's all from getting feedback here on PA. To anyone who has yet to post their work here... don't wait to long... there's no better way to get better then to ask for feedback from these awesome bowyers!

Nigerian Proverb

Offline MulchMaker

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 07:47:28 am »
Looks better to even my untrained eyes. I hope you don't mind me asking but  Earlier in the post you said "ask my wife how many I've broken" I'm wondering if you have made more shooters now than broken ones. It seams like recently you have put one pretty bow on this site after another. Your posts have been super encouraging to read for this cny guy. Shows there is some light at the end of the tunnel for me. Probably because I'm guessing your on the new side of this too, but turning out some impressive work. Thanks man

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2017, 07:55:17 am »
Howdy Mulch. I still break them, but the ratio of failures to shooters is improving ;) There's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train  ;D Just keep posting your work, think hard about the feedback, and take your time! Thanks for the encouragement.  ;)

Nigerian Proverb

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 08:33:42 am »
Looks nice Im wondering how its shooting now probably just as fast but 10 lb lighter with all the improvments ?
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline Zedd

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 09:39:13 am »
Ditto on Stick Benders question.

Offline upstatenybowyer

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2017, 11:24:26 am »
Another reason I wish I had a chrony, but it certainly feels just as fast and way, way more comfortable in the hand. I'm way more accurate with it as well.

Nigerian Proverb

Offline SETPARAPUSETH

• @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2017, 12:44:16 pm »
I like it, although I still can not finish understanding that style
 8) 8)

Offline Stick Bender

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2017, 01:27:31 pm »
Chronys are real usefull tools in my book they give you a real reality check & are fun watching your arrow speed pick up as your draw weight decreases do to improving tiller & lower mass !
If you fear failure you will never Try !