Author Topic: First white stuff  (Read 1696 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
First white stuff
« on: December 04, 2016, 10:21:51 am »
Our first snowfall.Just a nice calmly layed down layer of an inch or so.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: First white stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 12:00:26 pm »
Whaaaa, it's the sky falling down!..... :o ::) :laugh:
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 12:53:36 pm »
Looking forward to our first of the year. I'll take it any way it comes.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
We are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches this week.  It just part of the experience!!!!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:03:55 am »
We don't get many here but they are calling for a little snow Thursday and down to 18 at night, so yes winter is finely here I think. ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:06:51 am »
We got about 3" last night but most of it is gone this morning.  Ground is too warm for it to stay.  Our weather is dictated by the Lake Michigan and in our case it's the sand dunes which are two blocks away from the house.  We either get dumped on or it goes 4 or 5 miles in land and they get dumped on. That is determined by the wind.  One year I think I fired the snow blower up just 10 times thru the whole winter and yet last year I cleared the driveway 3 times in  one day.

JacksonCash

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:20:33 am »
Got a few inches last night as well, but technically the 2nd. We had a bit back in mid october one afternoon. Totally looking forward to another season of shoveling. Do you think 9 months is too young to get the boy out there and working?

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:38:57 am »
Yes ours is'nt gong to hang around either right away.More to come I'm sure.Local table talking einstein weathermen say this is the second warmest fall so far on record.I could agree with them remembering back through the 70's till now on the farm.
You guys up at the great lakes get dumped on more so most times with your lake effect snow.We get the cold hard winds along with it here to make it bitter.
I had to start plenty early scooping snow I know,but still liked to play in it as a kid.Nine years old instead of nine months though.....ha ha ha.
Should make following a blood trail a bit easier is about all I can see as the upside nowadays......lol.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 12:42:55 pm »
Getting some right now here in NE Ks., not very much but, with a "high" tomorrow in the 20's, it should stick.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 12:55:36 pm »
Supposed to get a dust in to a half an inch here in Springfield, MO tonight.  Supposed to drop to about 20 for the high tomorrow and a low of 12. You would think the world is coming to an end with all of the people going to the grocery stores.  Guess what,  its winter time in Missouri! Im glad I don't have to go to the store for anything. I wish it would snow a foot!

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!