Author Topic: Some UK Primitives  (Read 8889 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: Some UK Primitives
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 08:26:49 pm »
  Frank, I was wondering about that also. ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 01:35:29 am »
I beleive that the Long arrows are for an atlatl...and the Clothes are part of the SPTA Shoot/ Rummage Sale Event........ >:D >:D

Just a Joke Son....No Harm Intended :o
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 01:06:00 pm »
 Lot's of "Primitive" smiles. A-1. Hey, I take exception to that beer remark.I live about 30 miles from Juneau,Alaska. We got a brewery that makes wonderful beer.Tell you what.....you bring your best and come on over and we'll have a little tasting at the  alaskan  brewery (They are real beer folks ) or better yet,bring it up to Haines,Alaska to the Home brew fest (end of may) And spend three days drinking beer,talking beer,smelling beer,looking at beer. And bring your bow ! Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline bobnewboy

• https://www.flickr.com/photos/bob_d14/
    • The Company of Sixty Field Archers
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 03:32:42 pm »
Hi Mark & All, great to see the photo, and I was sorry I coudn't make it (especially as it was at my own club's grounds  >:()  The fella on the right is probably familiar with PA readers, 'cos he's Micky Pearce, starring in at least one of the pictures in the last PA, in the coverage of the World Traditional Archery event in Korea.  He is a life member of our club, the Company of Sixty, and Carol Edward's other half... ;D

The rack of T-shirts is part of Carol's stuff for sale, and I believe are US-imports (from a UK point of view) depicting wild animals - quite popular with our field archers over here.

I hope to make the next SPTA do......my bamboo-backed Osage might even be nearly ready........

Regards, Bob
"The Englishman takes great pride in his liberty. He values this gift more than all the joys of life, and would sacrifice everything to retain it. The populace would have you understand there is no country in the world where such perfect freedom can be enjoyed, as in England!" Frenchman, London 1719

Offline markinengland

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 05:36:53 pm »
We wear morning suits and top hats for the morning shoot but don't get real formal until the bow ties come out in the evening. The photo must have caught us in our messy old archery gear!
My long arrows are sort of replica Native Soth American, bamboo with Ipe foreshafts and twin fletched. I shot them for fun and did Ok with them. I have thrown them about 65 yards from a forked stick and string type atlatl.
I like to do the good beer comment. I get so many invites to come over and drink yours! Mmmm....Beer....Mmmm
Mark in England

Offline backgardenbowyer

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 09:09:43 pm »
I am third from left in blue fleece with wych elm (vaguely holmegaarde style) bow, cup of COFFEE (sorry no beer tent) and stupid grin, despite having shot about the worst round of my life.  Hey this is primitive archery, if you want to hit the target buy one of them things with wheels and pulleys on it!

Currently working on a piece of local ash to make a cherokee style bow ready for the next SPTA shoot - see you all there.

Backgardenbowyer

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:33:26 pm by backgardenbowyer »

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 01:26:20 pm »
Nice picture Mark,looks like archery is fun all over the world.As far as the beer I like lite beer.
Watching my figure ya know. ;D ;D
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008, 10:59:45 pm »
Micky Pearce - that was what I thought, in the last mag. Didn't want to go out on a limb till sure :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008, 11:24:35 pm »
Good looking group of bows!  Clearly, dedicated bowyers.
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline Keenan

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 11:41:04 pm »
 Looking good ;)  Nice asortment of bows and you do look like you guys could fit the profile of the band of the nautingham forest.  Lets see there's robinhood and I see fryer tuk and  >:D >:D >:D ;D   Keenan

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 01:36:40 am »
Thanks for sharing the picture, happy looking bunch of blokes
VB

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2008, 10:58:28 am »
rough looking group of individuals to be sure.  vaguely resembles my last family reunion.  mark, you may want to check out the leatherwall.  they are debating the accuracy of medieval longbowman.  some are actually thinking they couldn't hit a bull in the butt and all the kills were luck. 
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline jwillis

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »
Looks like a bunch of nice bows and fun bunch of folks.  I'll be there were some good campfire stories told.  Jim