Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Arrow spine

(1/2) > >>

DC:
How do you measure arrow spine on an arrow that is less than 26" long?

aaron:
How about this? take an aluminum shaft and slip it over the end, lengthening the shaft. Since the arrow mostly bends in the middle, the aluminum shouldn't have much effect

Badger:

--- Quote from: DC on October 29, 2016, 11:53:19 am ---How do you measure arrow spine on an arrow that is less than 26" long?

--- End quote ---

I measure spine at the actual length of the arrow. I don't need to know spine according to archery standards I only need it for my own purposes.

Del the cat:
I think you divide distance between the two supports by the deflection, so it works the same for 28, 26, 24 " etc
Obviously the further apart the supports the greater deflection and thus the easier it is to measure it and there is less error.
It should be easy enough to check with a long arrow, do the test at different distances and see how the results tally (If you do it, please let us know how it works out)
Mind like Badger says, it's all relative anyway, as long as your method is consistent, the figures will be meaningful for your tests.
Del

DC:
Just a curiosity thing. It finally clicked that flight arrows were often shorter than 26" and it made me wonder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version