Author Topic: Ipe  (Read 1205 times)

Offline DC

Ipe
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:59:17 am »
I was watching a show about Argentina the other night. They showed an Ipe tree in blossom. I was some impressed so I Googled it. I got this image page. There are no adds on it so it should be OK

https://www.google.ca/search?q=ipe&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwih1PvHnv_PAhVN0WMKHZ7ICP0Q_AUICCgB&biw=1280&bih=845#tbm=isch&q=ipe+arvore&imgrc=4wtbCOdMTSITbM%3A

Offline neuse

Re: Ipe
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 08:04:55 am »
Very vibrant colors.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 10:33:01 am »
Seems I remember that Mullet planted one at his home in FLA...or at least someone on here planted one.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 08:14:02 pm »
Yep! It was me. They are everywhere in the Town I live it. And we are finding out they really suck. My wife wants me to chain saw the 45'er in the front yard and an eight footer that came up a couple of years ago.

The blossoms last for about three days then the seed pods start sending out floaters. I don't know how much money I've spent on Round Up to get rid of all of the volunteers. And, when I get rid of mine, then I still have to deal with all the ones coming from the neighbors yards that I gave them :-\
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 08:16:36 pm »
OOPS!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »
I'm sorry if I made it sound real bad, the flowers are pretty. They just don't last long. I think it's just another invasive specie brought to Florida that wasn't thought out very good, uh ;), go figure. Plus, the wood is different, it's white. The latin name is Tabebui.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?