Author Topic: New PA magazine  (Read 6962 times)

Offline YosemiteBen

Re: New PA magazine
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2016, 01:41:34 am »
 @ Pat B - you aint met me! but I aint been to the classic either! come on out west for a visit!
I am still at a point the the subscription price is out of reach!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2016, 03:36:08 pm »
Ben, you are in our travel plans when we finally get to do our Western States motor car/travel trailer tour. When that will be we aren't sure but if our wishes come true like they have in the past it will come. I'll be wearing my Fred Bear hat with the coolest beaded hatband ever when we come.  8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2016, 06:32:51 pm »
When you get there take the private yosemiteben tour and see things most don't at yosemite😂plus ol' ben may play his flute under the falls for you
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »
Wow a real flute under a real falls put that on a CD cause that would be sweeeeet
may even earn ya enough to pay for a magazine  subscription
the ones I have been looking at on line are kinda fake sounding
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bubby

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2016, 10:00:24 pm »
guy there is nothing fake sounding when Ben plays. Plus Ben and his wife Kimberly know all the backstorys about Yosemite, his wife used to be the story twller their. Plus they are the nicest people you could meet

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »
Did they quit putting medicine man in the mag?

Offline bubby

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 10:12:47 pm »
Yeah i think i read that they lost the guy rhat wrote it

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 09:36:06 am »
Fell a bit behind on my reading as life sometimes gets in the way.  With the Archery Deer Season upon us, I especially spend much of my spare time in the woods.  After reading the first few comments in this thread, I had to get the magazines out and see for myself.

Many of us have had the pleasure of sitting around Pappy's campfire.  For those that haven't, you quickly notice that political topics aren't discussed around the fire.  Its a rule.  No matter what your personal opinions and beliefs are, the campfire is not the place for it.  I think for many of us, PA Magazine is our "campfire" for when we are not actually sitting around one.  PA Magazine over the years has evolved into a community of a truly large group of friends.  Many of us have met each other face to face at archery gatherings throughout the years.  PA is the common thread between all of our own personal beliefs, opinions, occupations, situations, challenges and definitions of self.  Our community stretches around the globe.  For whatever reason, the subject of politics was introduced at our campfire.  We now see the stir just that one occasion created.  Of the thousands of pages in type over the last 25 years, one single political page spawned cancellation threats, sour thoughts and animosities.

Like at Twin Oaks, let's put it behind us and moving forward - keep it out of our campfire.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 10:03:58 am »
Well said ^

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 10:07:51 am »
Well stated Matt, wondered where you been , missed you. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline amateurhour

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 01:16:35 pm »
Now all I can think of is the campfire tomorrow night, and those potatoes from a few weeks ago.

Offline Parnell

« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 02:04:50 pm »
Black powder and stuff?  Was some kind of announcement made that the magazine is diversifying or is this speculation? 

The Chubbies won the series and people are talking glass in PA??? :-\ ???

Signs and wonders...
1’—>1’

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 02:43:09 pm »
I've been a subscriber for close to 10 years now. I wondered about the political stuff in last months mag, but just put it behind me. I'm ok w/ the blackpowder articles, but would not be into in-line muzzle loading or fiberglass bow articles. I just renewed my subscript, but could only afford a one year subscript this time, I usually do the 3 year, but funds are tight right now. Again, flinters and even percussion blackpowder is ok, fiberglass bows, eh, I shoot one once in a while, but am not interested in reading about them. Plenty of other mags that focus on that stuff.  Love PA, hope they keep their focus on primitive skills. Does seem to me that there are a lot of typos in the last issue though. Like in every article is seems. That doesn't bother me as much as thinking about FG bow articles. Just my 2 cents.
Have a gooder, dp
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PaulN/KS

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2016, 04:13:24 pm »
Well, if the new changes are not what everyone wants to see then perhaps primitive Archer magazine will join the ranks of Instinctive Archer or maybe The Bowyers Journal... Folks, we are a niche market and magazines live by advertising and not just the subscription fees.
While taking a look into my past issue pile I saw that the early issues were pretty thin. It's a wonder the magazine has lasted this long it would seem.