Author Topic: New PA magazine  (Read 6963 times)

Offline osage outlaw

Re: New PA magazine
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 05:30:14 pm »
I can do without the political talk.  I don't mind them branching out into related topics.  I know a lot of PA folks are into blackpowder.  I'd like to see articles on stuff like making a hunting knife, hide tanning, and maybe trapping for fur.  I think all of those are related to primitive archery in one way or another.

Pappy, a detailed brain tanning article would be nice.  Hint hint  ;)
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 07:52:57 pm »
So would a knife making article, Clint, hint, hint ;). I need to get off my butt and do one on making mocassins.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »
Agree Eddie....when I was first on PA there were a lot more build alongs.....When hunting season is over we have got to promote more of them......
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 08:39:15 pm »
How does a person submit a story to PA? I have actually thought about writing a article but really have know idea what the process would be to submit a story.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2016, 08:47:20 pm »
Found my mag on the porch with the other mail when I got home today and flipped through the pages. I read Simon's HLD article and Ryan Gill's hunt story right away and will get to the rest before it goes into the rack to be pulled out and enjoyed again someday in the future. The black powder is fine with me. I don't hunt with it but dream about getting into it someday
and learning about it through PA may get me motivated to pick up yet another hobby that I don't have time for.  :)
Nice work by all involved on the magazine, looks good.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2016, 09:03:30 pm »
I love the magazine!  I do miss medicine man though.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Stringman

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2016, 10:58:23 pm »
I have my elk hunt story written, just have to final edit it and select some pics. Then it will get emailed to the office to see if they pick it up.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2016, 11:55:32 pm »
Bj and Scott, contact Ed Ingold (Editor@primitivearcher.com). He will let you know about submitting an article. I know all pics need to be high resolution. PA is always in need of new articles. Looking forward to reading them.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2016, 12:06:41 am »
Pappy, the comment about being offended, if you had feelings. I say that almost everyday.

I haven't had a subscription for awhile , but it was a e-mag, which I got because it was cheaper, but I'm not a big fan of reading magazines online. I like paper. Thats just me, most are more into the computer stuff than I am. if things have changed, I may have to finally subscribe.

I do like the idea of adding the muzzleloader stuff and other crafty stuff we all seem to like, but isn't the Backwoodsman magazine pretty similar to that? Id be all about it if it made the magazine thicker and not cut back on the archery material.

Eric
Eric

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2016, 02:47:37 pm »
I don't know what the e-mag is like but it seems to me that it would be advantageous to be able to print the mag out, or at least the pages you want to.
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline JEB

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »
MORE cooking recipes (Dutch Oven type), the moccasin article/how to would be a good one also. The other magazine that I won't mention asks for suggested articles for future print.  That may be something the P.A. could do and ask for also.

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2016, 08:13:29 pm »
I'm not a big e-mag fan, but with the current deal. That's hard to beat. I had to sign up.
Eric

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 02:03:01 pm »
Happy to see Marie getting a step up, as I am rather fond of that highly qualified young lady!

I am also very relieved to see Ed's response to the last issue's situation.  I am very pleased to hear that it is the intent of the magazine to remain above the political discourse. 

And while I understand that magazines, like everything else, are subject to change and evolution, I am holding back judgment on the announced plans to include fiberglass and firearms.  Many of you know I am very much a dedicated flintlock shooter/hunter and that I have built a few, too.  In fact, had I not been in the primitive gun/reenactment scene, I may not have even come to primitive archery!  But there is already a magazine dedicated to fiberglass Traditional Bowhunter, several for the Muzzleloader that enjoys resounding Muzzle Blasts, and even for those that practice the Backwoodsman skills.  I sincerely worry that changes will dilute the one and only magazine dedicated to the Primitive Archer.

To that end, my very nearly expired subscription will be renewed, albeit for just one year as I closely watch what happens in the next six issues content.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 08:47:01 pm »
Happy to see Marie getting a step up, as I am rather fond of that highly qualified young lady!

I am also very relieved to see Ed's response to the last issue's situation.  I am very pleased to hear that it is the intent of the magazine to remain above the political discourse. 

And while I understand that magazines, like everything else, are subject to change and evolution, I am holding back judgment on the announced plans to include fiberglass and firearms.  Many of you know I am very much a dedicated flintlock shooter/hunter and that I have built a few, too.  In fact, had I not been in the primitive gun/reenactment scene, I may not have even come to primitive archery!  But there is already a magazine dedicated to fiberglass Traditional Bowhunter, several for the Muzzleloader that enjoys resounding Muzzle Blasts, and even for those that practice the Backwoodsman skills.  I sincerely worry that changes will dilute the one and only magazine dedicated to the Primitive Archer.

To that end, my very nearly expired subscription will be renewed, albeit for just one year as I closely watch what happens in the next six issues content.

I am with you JW
Hope things work out for the magazine
I am sure Marie will give it her best as allways
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 09:02:25 pm »
I don't have a problem with some muzzleloader content in the magazine but I'm sure not to keen on fiberglass bows being elevated to the level of the wood bow
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹