Author Topic: WARNING!!!  (Read 14682 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Re: WARNING!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2016, 08:33:36 am »
I was told by the CEO of PA a couple years ago to ban anyone outright for posting a link to a commercial site that does not advertise with PA, no warning, no 30 day ban just gone.  If you can't be bothered to read the rules then there is no point in you playing

P.S. I know there are some in the past who registered an account specifically so they could put a plug in for their commercial site without having to pay PA for an advertising spot in the mag.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 08:36:43 am by Marc St Louis »
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Eric Garza

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2016, 08:52:55 am »
I've always found the rules about this clear enough, and easy enough to follow. Not sure why this topic has to keep coming up.

Stringman

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2016, 09:53:57 am »
There once was a kid who walked along a cliff. He dared walk so close he could see the bottom. He slipped.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2016, 10:02:16 am »
You may have it that nail right on the head, Scott. We've been at this log enough and for enough times that those challenges usually don't go too far...except for the kid that wants to walk close to the edge. Some come back with remorse, others don't come back....but PA always stands strong. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline paco664

• ok,ok.. i might have done it...
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2016, 10:21:31 am »
Then again maybe try to realize that people read someone asking a question and they just want to help someone out and they answer that persons question in said attempt and forget to edit their answer and what they did was an unintentional mistake.

People make those ya know. 

Everyone is human. *(mostly)
I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"~Col.H.Sanders

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2016, 11:56:20 am »
It seems some people think rules are made to be broken, or at least be bent to the point they become meaningless. Let's get with the program folks. Appreciate the luxury of this free forum, and it is a good one.

WA

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2016, 11:58:41 am »
paco, we are all about passing on info. I, and most other regulars here on PA do it all the time without posting direct links. Editing what we post on line is a good idea before posting anyway. What goes on line stays on line. I am amazed what some folks post like it will be forgotten seconds later...well, it's not. It is available forever.
  There is a legal saying that holds true here also..."ignorance of the law is no excuse"! It is up to the individual to learn the laws of the land (or the rules on PA)before jumping in with both feet.
 All anyone has to do is name the company they are referring to or add the link but leave out or space the letters so it is not a direct link. Clint  and others does it often and correctly.
 It is pretty simple for me to understand and I am almost totally ignorant about computers and their workings.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2016, 12:00:58 pm »
It seems some people think rules are made to be broken, or at least be bent to the point they become meaningless. Let's get with the program folks. Appreciate the luxury of this free forum, and it is a good one.

WA

We have a BINGO!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2016, 01:32:12 pm »
I don't know why, but for some reason I am finding this thread really entertaining.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2016, 01:47:48 pm »
I don't know why, but for some reason I am finding this thread really entertaining.

Mostly because the Mods are doing their jobs, and some just want to ask interesting questions. There is a lot of variations to what ads will pop up from what site. Facebook does, Youtube does. SO instead of asking if they are ok, just ask yourself, "Does it have ads"?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2016, 04:55:01 pm »
Thank you, Joe.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline PatM

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2016, 05:31:45 pm »
Allowing the "non-direct" link STILL seems like free advertising. I'm surprised even that would be allowed.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 06:16:18 pm »
If no advertising it is ok.The way I see it PA and You Tube reserve the right to display what's been given to them to whom ever where ever they want.Says so in the agreement.

BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline loon

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »
This thread should probably be stickied? I find #6 in "Message Board Rules" vague.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 09:13:55 pm by loon »

Offline bubby

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2016, 09:45:05 pm »
Man loon your like a dog with a bone how "vague" is it? I mean i read it and don't find it vague at all
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹