Author Topic: Tiller check please  (Read 1532 times)

Offline DC

Tiller check please
« on: October 07, 2016, 03:21:25 pm »
I've been trying this style of bow for a while and they have defeated me so far. I can see that the inner on the left limb is bending too much. It's the outers that I'm concerned about. I did a tracing of braced versus full draw and the outer third doesn't appear to be bending at all. With static recurves that would be normal but with long recurves like this wouldn't it be better to have them straighten out some? It looks like I've concentrated all the bend in the middle half which would explain the 1-1 1/2" set. I do still have a few pounds to play with so all is not quite lost. :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Tiller check please
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 03:26:32 pm »
It looks real good, DC. I think you could probably get the outer limbs, just below the recurves to bend a bit more.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 05:44:28 pm »
I erased the chalk outline and took another picture. Now I can't see that the left limb is bending too much on the inner. Am I imagining things?

Offline penderbender

• island life...
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 07:33:25 pm »
I don't know...I think it looks pretty good DC. Cheers- Brendan

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 08:18:53 pm »
I think the inner 1/3 of each limb could bend more. That would relieve the inner bend some too.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 08:59:26 pm »
The inner third? I thought that was the only part that was bending. Is the deflex fooling me?