Author Topic: New camo pattern  (Read 6790 times)

Offline osage outlaw

New camo pattern
« on: September 29, 2016, 02:23:39 pm »
I call it Redneck Breakup  ;D   I did a similar pattern last year with dye.  It looked good and I killed a deer while wearing it.  Once I washed it a few times the dye faded out.  I went with stitched on fabric this year.  The pants might be a little light in color.  I'm thinking about making some walnut dye and misting them with it. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: New camo pattern
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 02:27:42 pm »
You're a dang inspiration man. Love it!
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 03:21:54 pm »
Those pants are just fine. Its all about dark and light mixed up to break your outline up. Actually, your pants are probably better. At 50 yards your shirt is a dark blob and your pants are still working.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline TimBo

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 03:33:00 pm »
Yeah, I agree with PD - the pants look like ASAT.  You could mist a bit of walnut stain on here and there to see if you like it - I did that to my backpack, but the whites were really white on it. 

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 04:06:19 pm »
If you are in a tree the light colors will blend in with the sky. I'd leave them as they are.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 10:58:03 pm »
That camo or else just make sure your treestand is in some nut bearing tree like hickory, walnut, or almond.  The deer will think you are one of the many nuts in the tree!    >:D

I really admire your "make it yourself or do without" attitude, Clint.  You da man.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:51 am »
You bet Clint.It does'nt have to be expensive to go effectively deer hunting.Neccessity is the mother of invention as they say.Did'nt cost you much more than time to make it too.
Reminds me of a story a coonhunting.I met a fella who wanted to test his dogs to mine once that had boughten a dog somewhere for a little over $3000.I raised,bred,and trained my own strain and have sold a few for some 4 digit figures before myself usually young dogs.I never back down from these things and let the chips fall where they may.
Anyway as we were about ready to skin a coon[my Ernie dog treed] he pulls out this contraption of chain and grapple hooks.I had to ask being a wise ass and asked what's that supposed to be?It's my skinning grapple.[$30.00 he said.]I pulled out a length of bale twine and said here's mine.I said it doubles as a dog lead too.Fits in my back pocket and does'nt pinch my ass either......lol.
Anyway his animal was never first at a tree all night long.He went home a mumbling and I'm sure rechecked his checking account.So making use of the things around us that work do just as well or better than store bought stuff.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:15:25 am »
Ed, that just what this site is all about; making what you need with what you have or can trade for. I think Clint is going for his masters degree.   ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 12:22:35 am »
Ed, that just what this site is all about; making what you need with what you have or can trade for. I think Clint is going for his masters degree.   ;)

2 more online courses from walmart . com and I'll have that degree Pat. 

I've got plenty of camo clothes but I don't like how it makes you look like a dark blob from 30 yards away.  I walked up to my Dad in a tree a while back and he was wearing some newer camo.  It looked like a solid dark color until I got pretty close to him.  That was a real eye opener to me.  I like the ASAT camo pattern but that stuff is expensive  :o   I only have a few bucks and a lot of time in this outfit.   

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 08:34:41 am »
Love it, that should do the trick. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 08:58:30 am »
Clint I think were a lot alike with the make it or go without approach. I have a very humble budget need to talk to the wife about getting an allowance, maybe if I take the trash out oh that's right I do take the trash out. In all honesty I love making and modifying my own stuff it's so much more rewarding to use. I love your camo good luck and Happy Hunting
bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:17 am »
Wait, are those pants!?    I'm guessing you have a pair of matching shorts to go with the shirt?

Looks great Clint

Offline Ed Brooks

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 10:57:48 am »
I love this. I've been looking at ppl in camo in the woods and most look like dark blobs. I want to go toward something like this.
It's in my blood...

Centralia WA,

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 11:29:07 am »
Maybe I'll start making bib overhaul camo
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 02:21:14 pm »
Wait, are those pants!?    I'm guessing you have a pair of matching shorts to go with the shirt?

Looks great Clint

Yes, they are pants  ;D  If the heat hadn't of broke I would be wearing shorts on opening day.