Author Topic: Darn Weather!  (Read 1351 times)

Offline turtle

• PA1007207
Darn Weather!
« on: November 19, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »

First part of the week temps were mid 20s to low 30s in the am warming up to high 40s low 50s in the afternoon. Great hunting weather. Yesterday morning was 38 warmed up to 71 in afternoon. This morning was 58 and raining now at 4:30 pm its 32 and snowing.  :o
Steve Bennett

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Darn Weather!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:25 pm »
Sounds like you live in Michigan lol. We always say if you don't like the weather just wait a bit.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 05:47:43 pm »
Pretty well the same type of weather we have been getting and will be getting shortly
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 07:35:47 pm »
Send some of that rain to us. We are down almost a foot for the year and have only 3/4" for the last 2 months. It's gonna be in the low 20's tonight, mid 40's tomorrow and 30 to 40 mph winds. Just what the fire fighters need.  :o  At least with the winds from the northwest we don't have all the smoke like during the last week.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:50:14 pm »
Pat, we are getting the white rain tonite, calling 4to6inches tonight , We'll see :o  Bob

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 09:37:24 pm »
At work yesterday it was a beautiful day, sunny and 75.  The day before we left the windows open through the night at home.  That doesn't happen often in mid November.  Today it was freezing, windy, and the occasional wave of sleet.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 11:36:18 pm »
No rain for us since Hurricane Matthew, but it will be in the forty's Monday. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 12:07:28 am »
I'll take that 4" to 6", Bob. I've never seen it this dry in the 26 years we've been here and this area used to be the second highest rainfall in the US next only to the Olympic Peninsula. The forecast for us is dry and warm for the winter. El Nino is kicking in.  Forecast for the area fires is it could be March or April before they get them under control unless we get rain. I think about 70,000 acres so far in the Southeast US in the last couple of weeks. At least we will have a good freeze tonight; lower to mid 20s and windy and 40 tomorrow.
  Ed, we've had a few fires lately but not like usual. We've been heating with wood since 1978 when we got married. Still using the same Fisher Momma Bear wood stove we bought used for $50.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2016, 09:07:04 am »
Pat, do forest fires have a bearing on tick populations, I know freezing will not kill them, we used to have a few forest fires in the 60&70's but haven't heard of a fire in a long time, not even controlled burns everyone is afraid of being sued  :( We only got about 2" of the white rain so far but pretty gusty, Bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2016, 10:37:19 am »
Yeah Bob, in some areas like Lake Lure quite a few houses have been affected with lots of folks having to evacuate their homes. The steep mountains and limited access makes it hard for the fire fighters to do their jobs. One area the fighters had to ride 4 wheelers for 40 minutes and then walk in for 30 more with all their equipment.