Author Topic: Big News!!!!  (Read 4763 times)

Stringman

Re: Big News!!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 09:33:28 am »
Thanks Chris. I feel like I've learned from the best over the years.

I gotta emphasize that my role in this post is pretty minor. G is the guy who set this up, had numerous meetings with the show folks, worked out a contract, and then asked me to make a couple blades while he made dozens of other props (bows, arrows, knives, & quivers.) Truly, I'm honored to be a small part in this, and just wanna say thanks for the opportunity!  ;)

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 10:16:04 am »
That's awesome guys, congrats, I was already looking forward to this show but now there is a special connection!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 03:48:03 pm »
Congratulations again, Guys. I gave you my love and kisses on Facebook. ::) ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 04:59:49 pm »
That's just awesome!!! Kudos to the both of you.

I occasionally get to put a mural on a wall or paint a motorcycle, but movie props for HBO is pretty darn impressive.

I wasn't surprised by this news though having recently received some warpath original arrows in this years arrow trade. They were really... REALLY  well crafted, professional quality all the way. The only thing that could make them better is adding some bright red to them this fall.

If you ever have need of an airbrush artist or any kind of vinyl/sign work don't hesitate to PM me.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 06:33:05 pm »
Thanks for the dates warpath.Sorry I see you did say it too.I'l be sure to watch it.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2016, 04:56:23 am »
Great !!!
there is a trailer on HBO website

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2016, 06:09:08 am »
Well done guys :)
Dunno when it will appear over here... we are still watching Rawhide ;) (just kiddin' it's the Beverly Hillbillies ;) )
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline GlisGlis

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2016, 07:36:49 am »
Warpath may I ask you a few questions? I dont know nothing about Tv productions and I'm pretty curious about it.

I'd like to know what kind of arrangements do you make with the production.
You make several items. Then you sell to them? or you rent them? do you buy them back to reuse in other productions?
And also this items are fully functional or you just need the look and feel of a functional weapon or tool?
After the serie or movie ends there's someone who buys the scenes tools and objects?

thanx

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 08:27:14 am »
Outstanding!  I will make sure and watch Westworld.  I remember the old one from the seventies - robot gunfighters and saloon girls - good stuff..   ;D  It is cool to know that there is enough attention to detail for them to include artisans like you guys in the production. 
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 10:49:22 am »
Congrats to you both, what a great gig. Scott is a true artist, his knapping takes a backseat to no one. Besides that he's one of the finest men i ever met.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline StumblyRhino

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2016, 01:44:02 pm »
I've been eagerly awaiting this show.  It's just that much cooler now!
Go Badgers!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 09:44:51 pm »
Is this a remake of the movie, West World with Yul Brenner?
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline warpath

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2016, 09:45:17 pm »
GlisGlis- Selling them outright is usually best. Renting for any onscreen action sequences isn't recommended. This is because they usually get pretty beat up to the point of uselessness after everything is said and done.
  Every production is different as far as contract terms so it's a case by case basis. I usually retain the rights to anything I make for any onscreen production. This saves me any licensing fees which can get pretty expensive. Most licensing fees can start at around $100,000 which is why most factories can afford them. In this case, they'd have to legally pay me for any authorized reproduction. This has caused me to take a specific estate to court in the past. They lost miserably and halted production of licensed materials. Sadly I still have yet to see a dime because they can afford lawyers that I can't. But that's a whole other story that I'd rather not get into so please don't ask.
  What they do with the items post production is entirely up to them. Most of the bigger name studios and production companies hold onto them for years before selling or disposing of them.

G-Monee  >:D

Offline warpath

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »
Mullet- Yes it is. They like to call it "Re-Imagined" to skirt any copyright laws they may have missed.

G-Monee  >:D

Offline willie

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2016, 03:11:38 am »
is this the same show that has the robot sex scenes?

how is that primitive?