Author Topic: Jacksonville Florida- what to do  (Read 923 times)

Offline Tracker0721

Jacksonville Florida- what to do
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:30:57 pm »
Hey ya'll, my fire season is coming to an end so I'm taking a vacation of sorts. Bought a plane ticket to Jacksonville Florida(cheaper then a ticket to Alaska somehow yet I'm in Washington!) for the middle of October and now I'm realizing I'm probably gonna be bored out of my mind. Anyone know of fun stuff to do down there? I'm 22 so please no golf(unless it's miniature) and any tips on where to pick up rocks that can be made into sharp pointy things would be awesome! Any knap ins or anything cool going on down there around then?
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Lumberman

Re: Jacksonville Florida- what to do
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 11:38:11 pm »
My only experience in Jacksonville  was having to argue my way out of going to North Carolina, I got dropped off on the middle of the interstate where it met i10 I think it was.. hopefully your experience is better than mine. Don't take rides from strangers unless your knife is handy lol

Offline Tracker0721

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:51:20 pm »
There goes my hitch hiking plan... Maybe a rental car won't be a bad choice after all haha
May my presence go unnoticed, may my shot be true, may the blood trail be short. Amen.

Offline Urufu_Shinjiro

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:56:52 pm »
I'm in Jacksonville, I don't get out much so not sure about activities, if you like art and old gardens check out The Cummer art gallery, while you're in that area check out Five Points. If you want to shoot some archery check out North Florida Archers, great range. If your out at the beach and like fancy tacos don't miss the Flying Iguana. If you're the kinda person that likes to check out cool malls/shopping centers check out the St John's Town Center. I don't get out much so don't know what the cool bars are etc other than Kickbacks in Riverside.

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »
Nice Fort on the North side of town, good fishing and surfing at the beach .
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?