Author Topic: My Newest Ojibwa Scalloped Bow  (Read 16911 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: Ojibwa Bow
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 02:34:03 am »
You got it Traxx.....I don't let the Narrow Minded bother me any more .....I am all grown up now ::) ::).....I don't need to impress anyone for attention....I love what we do here....and I really appreciate most of the People that are here too....lots of help and information all free for the asking....what a good bunch of Neighbors!!!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Dustybaer

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 02:55:10 am »
that IS an accomplishment.  i had the same concern about the scallops, but you nailed it.  congratulations.  beautiful set.  just one remark:  you don't seem to wrap your selfnocks on your arrows.  i would be afraid of one braking during the shot.

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 03:04:48 am »
Dustybaer....these Selfnock are reinforced with an inlaid Hardwood Spline,,,,they will not break....but these are also not finished....if you look in the Full Draw Picture....you will see that there is no Tip on the Arrow....I plan to sinew the Nocks and the Fletchings down also....thanks for your compliments..........Michael
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
2024...We Will Overcome

Dustybaer

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 04:01:56 am »
yep, now that you mention it (may be i should invest in a new pair of glasses  ;D)  will you show pictures of the arrows when finished?  (i just can't get enough of that stuff  ;D )

Offline DanaM

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 07:40:19 am »
yankee what can I say except Holy Wuh Eh!!!  dats a nice un ;D Well done one of them is also on my list.
Ya have 2 closets full and yer wife is making threats what a coinsidence I have an empty closet ;D
Really like this one bring it with when ya come back to Da UP in August eh. Would like to see that one in person.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23:08 am »
Beautiful bow,I love the art work.Mighty fine job. :)
    Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 09:12:36 am »
Thanks Pappy.....and Dana ....If I dnt take my Scooter Home this Summer....I will find room for at least this Bow....been out digging out from under this Freak Blizzard we got last night.....probably wont get to work today......aint that a Crime!!!!

I am a little Bummed Out though....I hear tell Dana and Wibowyer ....and a Bunch More are going to Pappies....and I got to stay here in Texas and keep the Refineries going...Ya'll need dat Gasoline >:D >:D
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:35:01 am by yankeemongiat »
2024...We Will Overcome

jamie

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 09:25:58 am »
very cool

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 09:28:47 am »
That's a nice looking bow and really unique. Nice job.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline El Destructo

Re: My Newest Ojibwa Scalloped Bow
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008, 12:50:50 am »
Thank You Alan and Jamie....I appreciate the compliments....this was a pretty good challenge for me....These Bows are bears to Tiller....they want to hinge on you really easy...have to be very patient and go slow...and work the Wood a lot between scrapings....now it's off to my next Bow....a Red Elm Character Stave....never worked with Red Elm before...seems to be different than American Elm....we'll see what it decides to become!!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline OldBow

• I'm just an old retired biology teacher.
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 01:20:19 am »
Looks like an authentic self bow to me.  Very nice and bookmarked for March Self Bow of the Month.
I didn't know the Ojibwa used the same art as the Anasazi Indians.
When you're retired, every day is Saturday

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 01:33:44 am »
Looks like an authentic self bow to me.  Very nice and bookmarked for March Self Bow of the Month.
I didn't know the Ojibwa used the same art as the Anasazi Indians.

Don...The Anishinaabe People dont use Anasazi Drawings.....but since Kokopelli translates roughly to "wooden back"....and He is such a character....I thought He was fitting for a Bow with some Character!!
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Keenan

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:45 pm »
 Yankee, ya done real good there, ;D ;D That is one great acomplishment and it's nice to see something that cotains both history and uniqueness.  I will have to try one of thoses some day.   Keenan

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 01:21:31 pm »
Very nice bow Yankee
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline El Destructo

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 10:37:49 pm »
Thanks Keenan.........I can send you a Template of this Bow......if you would like...and Marc....I am always up for some Scrutinizing too....if you can come up with anything I can do different ....or Better on the next Bow I would appreciate the Help....and We all know that there will be another Bow..Shhhhh....don't tell the Wife!!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 10:48:22 pm by yankeemongiat »
2024...We Will Overcome