Author Topic: 2016 Trail camera pictures  (Read 35501 times)

Offline Arrowbuster

Re: 2016 Trail camera pictures
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58:53 pm »
Clint yes I am also, last year I had one walk in front of cam with a squirrel in his mouth, dang shame pics were blurry. Cool picture just the same though.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2016, 10:17:44 pm »
They are starting to get more common around here.  The first time I took my daughter hunting we had one walk by our ground blind 15 yards away.  I've been hunting for 25 years and that was my first live sighting.  My Dad has never seen one.  My daughter gets to see one her first time out.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 10:57:11 pm »
Great pics fellas.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2016, 09:55:16 am »
I love this thread!  Keep 'em coming!
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2016, 10:42:33 am »
I put my trail cam out a few days ago. We have had lots of coyotes and a few bears around(hear coyotes and the dog tells us about the bears) so I'm curious to see what the camera has captured. I'll check it this weekend.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2016, 12:42:48 pm »
Ill be in Michigan's thumb this October if anybody needs to find me. I will be staying in my camper behind the Rogg farm :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 01:26:02 pm »
I thought you might be considering that Pearl. I was a little Leary to even post those pictures on the web. I think that's the 2nd nicest live buck I've ever seen. Kinda puts me in a delima, I always said my QDM is take out the ugly racks leave the nice ones. I've taken some ugly ones now I suppose not to be a hypocrite I should leave the nice one. lol. It would be easier to leave him if I knew nobody else would take him, at least through the rut. I'm almost hoping I see him a lot but don't get a shot at him, does that sound incredibly stupid?
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:01 pm »
BJ I'm willing to bet your whole idea of hunting is about to get flipped over on its head. Once you start chasing critters with wood and wood you really put emphasis on the hunt and enjoying your hard fought gear,  and not so much what the arrow is aimed at. If you can get your arrow in ANY buck, you will be doing cartwheels. I guess what I'm saying is your mind set will probably change and "buck management" wont be so important to you. I could be wrong? I guess we will find out in a few weeks.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2016, 02:34:02 pm »
I'm sure your right Pearl, right now I'd be doing cartwheels if I got a groundhog. I'm very much looking forward to getting out there with my stuff and just enjoying the hunt. I'm pretty sure I'm in for some humble pie yet but any time I can get out hunting is great. I don't figure on getting very picky about what I shot but probably what kinda shoot I shot. It's all gonna be so different, I can see it in my mind but I know that's probably not how it will happen. Maybe I'll be surprised.
Bjrogg

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
I checked my cameras this past weekend. What a let down that was. Found one camera to no longer be working, won't power up even with brand new batteries. The other camera only had 9 pics on it, and every pic was so blurry I couldn't tell if it was a doe or a small buck, and 3 of the 9 pics were of my ugly mug. Probably check again this weekend and maybe move my one working camera to a new spot.

Tattoo dave
Rockford, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2016, 05:25:10 am »
Good looking buck bj, hope you get a crack at him, Like Pearl said thoughts seem to change when you break out the stick and string only for most folks. I manage my deer by what I hunt with, that's management enough for me.  :) Also never really figured why folks manage deer if they are going to let the nice one pass, I thought that was the point to have nice ones to take, :-\ of course to me they are all nice ones, I tell folks that I will only take a 20 incher, of course I am talking about back strap. ;) :) :) Hope for all you guys the best this year, it is almost here for us, the 24th of this month. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2016, 06:48:51 am »
Thanks Pappy, I'm really not a big QDM guy I actually argue with them because they say take at least 4 points on one side. To me it makes more sense to take the really odd shaped racks and leave the nice shaped ones for stock. I agree they are all nice ones and I really do enjoy watching them through out the year. I'm sure IF I get anything I'm going to be as proud as I was when my Wife gave me my 1st born child.
Dave I know what you mean about the cameras. My one just seems like it hardly ever triggers to take a picture anymore (it never was real good at it) and now my one that took these pictures quit working says error 50 hope I can figure it out. Mine take really blurry pictures in the morning when they are fogged up from dew. Also really helps to aim them north away from sun.
Bjrogg

Offline Lumberman

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2016, 10:04:43 am »
I feel like the trophy for me is age, both does and bucks, although I don't pass a 1 and a half or two and a half year old as often as  I will a buck that age. I have a feeling this year I won't be passing on any opportunities till the freezer is stocked

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2016, 11:57:10 am »
These aren't trail camera pictures.  I noticed something laying in my parents driveway this afternoon.  I grabbed my binoculars and checked it out.  It was a bobcat!  I took a few pictures through the window and then went outside to try to get closer.  I got a few more pictures and then my parents drove in the lane and scared it off. 

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2016, 12:17:28 pm »
Really cool Osage, so neat when you can see them in person I've got a few bald eagle pictures not real good ones but they always bring back the memories.
Bjrogg