Author Topic: BIO2 - A Bamboo-Ipe-Osage ELB Stylish Bow from Finland  (Read 6786 times)

Offline jimjimmysticks

• practice keeps me calm in the game
Re: BIO2 - A Bamboo-Ipe-Osage ELB Stylish Bow from Finland
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 02:06:02 am »
those arrows are sweet how you do them?

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 07:56:02 am »
jimjimmysticks : I selected as similar white and blue feathers as possible, i.e. in which the barbs are in same angle and roughly at same position in the feathers to ensure they are as similar as possible. Then I cut the quill as straight as possible with sharp blade to avoid cavities between the pieces, the middle ones exactly 2 cm, longer one ca. 8 cm and the tail one ca. 3 cm. Then I used common clear scotch tape to join the pieces together from their outer side and the barbs barbs helped in this by sticking easily together because of their correct angle and thickness. The taped package was inserted to 5" ray-shaped feather cutter and after cutting glued normally on the shafts. Removal of the tape and drops of glue to secure the quill ends finalized the feathers.

Almost forgot... First, before fletching, I dyed the shafts by natural white and then by sky blue spray paints. Dark blue felt tip pen and a battery screw driver was used to make the ring(s) between the colours.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:01:57 am by Lehtis »

Offline Mounter

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 08:44:36 am »
Beautiful

Offline jevans33

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 04:18:00 pm »
very nice A+++, just beautiful

Offline Lehtis

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2016, 08:07:35 am »
The bow works! Last weekend shot Finninsh Championship in Field Archery according to IFAA rules. Field Round 277 meets IFAAīs current World, European and Finnish Record of Jouni Isotalo from Finland even though two targets were too small by organizerīs mistake. Hunter Round 273 improved my own previous Finnish Record 264 by nine points. That old record 264 is also current World Record of Maario Hansman from Estonia.

Didnīt use those blue-white arrows this time; saving those for World Championships in Australia next September. Do I meet any of you guys there...?

Offline Hrothgar

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »
Congratulations on the bow/archer's performance. Good looking set!
" To be, or not to be"...decisions, decisions, decisions.

Offline bowmo

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »
Beautiful!! Killer all around. I need to finally try one like that.

Love the arrows too as well.