Author Topic: Any MIchiganders  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Gunnar B.

Any MIchiganders
« on: August 08, 2016, 06:05:43 pm »
Heya im looking for some people inn Michigan who can help me out and teach me about primitive archery or take me under their wing sort to speak. Im also just looking to make friends haha
Gunnar
Macomb county Michigan
Southern boy who lives in the Midwest

Offline osage outlaw

Re: Any MIchiganders
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 08:49:24 pm »
What part of the state are you in?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 09:13:46 pm »
Hi Gunnar B. Welcome to PA. Your about 2 hours south of me. I live in the thumb of Mi. A little south of Harbor Beach. There are some really good primitive Archer's meets in Mi. Memorial Day weekend at Marshall, Elm Hall just this past weekend are probably the best places to meet guys that build bows. I'm pretty new at this just started building bows in Dec. 1st I started knapping, then making arrows, then bows. There lots of good you tube videos on knapping and bow building. Personally I think out of the three  knapping is the hardest but if you watch a lots of videos ask questions you'll probably figure it out. Glass is actually pretty good way to start knapping. Look up some you tube videos on making arrowheads from glass bottles. If you don't let it frustrate you it's really relaxing. Good luck.
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 07:11:50 am »
You will want to make your way to the Marshall event every spring over Memorial Weekend. There are plenty of fella's around who are more than willing to help you, teach you and get you shooting your first bow. In the meanwhile, hang around here. Read a lot and absorb a lot. Its all here and its all FREE :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Gunnar B.

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 09:33:48 am »
What part of the state are you in?
Im in macomb county
Gunnar
Macomb county Michigan
Southern boy who lives in the Midwest

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 09:40:47 am »
Marshall shouldn't be to far of a drive for you then.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

JacksonCash

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 10:29:38 am »
I'm down near you for work fairly frequently, and i've got family not too far away as well. Don't know that I can teach you much, but I'll do what I can.