Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

4th ELB since friday

(1/5) > >>

Badger:
  If I don't get this one right I quit!  First one too much bend in the handle, second one too much bend in the outer limbs, 3rd one just a little more set than I wanted. This is all because I try to rough them out too close to finished demensions. This one I am on now is looking just right so far if I don't screw something up.

Del the cat:
You love it really  ;) >:D
Del

Badger:
       I am trying for a little more mass and a slightly more extreme elyptical tiller, not radical just more than usual. I have trouble keeping that transition smooth, I have always struggled with this. This last one I am going more by limb taper than watching the limbs bend and spot scraping it. 50@20" going for 50#@26". I call this the death zone where they start to take set.

Ian.:
Absolutely post 20" is the killer. Also did you miss the 1 off your weight or do you mean 50lb?  >:D

Badger:
  It is a 50# elb flight bow for a young lady from hungry. Anything under about 80# is kind of hard with the wood combo I am using. white oak backed ipe. My eye is so used to the stiff handled bows I normally build.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version