Author Topic: Memorial Archery shoot for my dad  (Read 1658 times)

Offline JEB

Memorial Archery shoot for my dad
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:00:07 am »
Had the 5th annual archery shoot to honor my dad.  here are some photos from this past weekend.

My wife Chris, myself, our son and his wife and some of the grand kids.. The four older grandkids in the photo have taken deer off my camp.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:10:19 am by JEB »

Offline JEB

Re: Memorial Archery shoot for my dad
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:01:32 am »
21 arrow salute

Offline JEB

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 10:02:36 am »
Some of the targets

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:05:18 am »
Buddy and his wife drove 200 miles from the U.P . They wore pink to honor some of the cancer survivors that was there which included some of my family members.  My granddaughter put pink lasses on bull winkle.

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 10:12:24 am »
one of the targets

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:20 am »
My dad won or placed in 300 archery tournaments over the years. here is a photo of him after he won the Midwest Nationals in Chicago in 57

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 10:16:54 am »
Who is gruff looking old man in the center???? :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:23 am »
That's a great way to honor your dad.  That last picture is very cool.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PNewton

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 12:36:14 pm »
Great pictures Jon. Your dad must have had quite a story. Very nice tribute to him.

Offline JEB

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 03:09:08 pm »
He did Paul. He shot for Bear for three years and was on Bears advisory staff for 3 years. Fred used to call the house often to speak with dad. We had an archery shop called Bear Archery of Muskegon. Dad closed it up when I was in the Marines in 68. When I got home in 69 he gave me a brand new 1969  Bear Kodiak Hunter recurve.  I shot that bow Saturday in his honor.

Well Pearl, after mowing  and trimming for 2 days in high 80 degree heat getting ready for this shoot I think I got a good reason to look grumpy, lol

Offline Chippintuff

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 03:32:50 pm »
JEB, I suggest you enjoy that "hi 80 degree weather". When it gets to 80 where I live, we start looking for the leaves to start falling. The day after tomorrow is predicted to be the first day of at least 2 weeks of 100-100+ days. It will probably remain there till about Sept. 1st.

That was a nice tribute to your dad. Write up something about your dad to pass on to future generations.

WA

Offline JEB

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 04:48:49 pm »
Thanks Chippin. There are a couple of bio's done on my dad already that the grandkids have. One when he was inducted into the Michigan Bowhunter Hall of fame and the second when he was nominated for the area sport hall of fame. Rumor has it that he is going to be nominated for the Archery Hall of fame one day. Got that from the guy that is writing up the nomination.  He picked a few brains this past weekend for info.

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 05:07:44 pm »
Those are some nice pics and a very nice way to celebrate your fathers life. I wish it was closer I would love to attend the shoot.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:43 pm »
Very nice way for everyone to remember your dad. He sounds like he would have been fun to hang around with. I've been to a lot of funeral's lately to many actually. My neighbors just passed a WWII vet and they had the 21 gun salute. I told my wife when I pass I want all my kids and grandkids to shoot an arrow in the sky. She asked me why I'm thinking that way, I said some day doesn't have to be to soon.
PS did you see Gary on Michigan Out of Doors  Jeb?
Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 08:42:36 pm »
You hit the target dead center brother Jon. 300+. As did all in attendance.
What a thought full and lasting memorial. God bless.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.