Author Topic: My tradebow from Pat B!  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Josh B

My tradebow from Pat B!
« on: July 16, 2016, 09:49:13 pm »
I received this bow quite awhile back and all though it's bad form to not immediately post pics, I've been trying to find the perfect backdrop for the photos to really show this beauty off.  Well...that endeavor has failed miserably.  I've had several places picked out to take the pics and ive been denied every time I get to the spot I have in mind.  Either the light isn't good or its raining cats and dogs.  So finally I get a load that'll take me by the blackhills in south Dakota.  I'm thinking that'll work!  I always hear how beautiful they are and a bonus is that I can bribe JW  into taking the pics!  Well...I didn't get a hold of JW in time so I was forced to find the blackhills on my own and take my own pictures, so no money shot.  Funny....I sort of thought the blackhills would be bigger?  Well anyway here's the bow and she is a shooter!  Zips em flat and sinks em deep!  Pat my friend, there ain't no rust on you!  Josh

Offline Josh B

Re: My tradebow from Pat B!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 09:51:12 pm »
Here's a few more for your viewing pleasure!

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 09:58:04 pm »
That's a sweet bow Josh.  Nice work Pat.

Josh, they are called the Black Hills, not the Black Mountains  ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Drewster

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 10:10:57 pm »
Nice, nice, nice!
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 10:13:02 pm »
She looks pretty good out there in the black hills, Josh. Glad she's working out for you. I think the weight is a few pounds heavier than requested but I had to stop somewhere.  ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 10:19:44 pm »
Nice Josh, peep site, too. Pat's older then dirt but still kickin' ;) The Black Hills kinda look like our Fire Ant beds. ???
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 10:19:56 pm »
Thats a beauty, love the way that snake skin looks on the osage. Very nice bow Pat and congrats Josh, I bet you'll be putting a lot of arrows thru that one.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Knotty

• Don't regret your past, learn from it.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 10:43:27 pm »
Very nice Pat! Killer bow.

Congratulations on your new bow Gun Doc , must be a real pleasure to shoot!
~Isaia

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 11:02:10 pm »
Them's Badlands, trucker. 

And that's a mighty fine fencepost!  The bow sitting on the fencepost ain't kindling, either!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dakota Kid

• Maker of Things
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 11:25:03 pm »
I'm glad someone else pointed that out, thanks JW. I didn't have the heart to tell him from that pic he looked a little lost. That's what the rest of SD looks like, the black hills are a bit bigger and greener for sure. You certainly won't see any mt. goats on that hill.

Congrats on the new arrow launcher, Doc.
I have nothing but scorn for all weird ideas other than my own.
~Terrance McKenna

Offline DuBois

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 11:57:18 pm »
Congratulations Josh!
That's a nice one.
Very fine photography I might say, although I thought I saw a couple a hairy little creatures in the grass at first but it was just string silencers.

Offline Josh B

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 12:18:51 am »
Lost?  Me!?!? >:D.  That formation is actually called crow buttes.  It's about 100 miles North of the blackhills.  I was actually planning on dropping down towards Custer and using crazyhorse for the background.  However when i got to rapid city, I ran into a thunderstorm and just West of there it dumped so much hail it looked like it snowed.  I was a bit frustrated since that's the 4th or 5th time that's happened in the last few weeks.  I had picked spots in the Palo duro canyon in tx, the mogollons in Arizona, elephant butte in NM and teddy Roosevelt national park in ND.  Every time I get there it's raining or to dark.  So I figured if I can't get the scenery I want for the back drop, I'll just have a little fun.  It's been long enough waiting for the right conditions.  Pat don't you worry none about those few extra pounds.  That just means I can take it west to hunt the big critters should the opportunity arise!  I couldn't be happier with it!  Thank you!  Josh

Offline ---GUTSHOT--->

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 06:32:29 am »
What ever those hills are they made a very nice back drop. Great bow!

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 06:56:55 am »
Congrats man, a Pat B. bow!?! How cool is that. Great bow .
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 08:35:08 am »
Awesome bow Pat!