Author Topic: Michigan out of Doors  (Read 3287 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Michigan out of Doors
« on: June 30, 2016, 08:55:16 pm »
I don't know if any of you guys watch Michigan Out of Doors but it's a pretty decent TV show on PBS. The real reason I'm talking about it is because a couple of my good buddies are going to be on a upcoming episode. My buddy Gary has been in a wheelchair for several years now after having a farming accident. He has always loved hunting and with a little homemade gun mount on his wheelchair he is able to spend his summer thining out the local ground hog population. My buddy Randy and Gary's wife Joann take him out in his wheelchair accessible van. Many people call him and give him leads on hog locations. The film crew Jenny already recorded the show so I think it'll be on in a week or two. I try to let you know when. Gary has a very good aditude and enjoys life despite his handicap.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Zuma

Re: Michigan out of Doors
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 10:38:58 pm »
Thanks for the heads up but I doubt it will air down here.
Maybe we can find the film on line. I'd like to see it,
being a die hard whistle pig popper.
Good on Gary and those that support him. :)
Thanks for posting.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 10:47:44 pm »
He had 101 ground hogs when I talked to him last Saturday his van was going to bump shop this week so that'll limit his hunting. Pertty soon crops will be bigger and they'll be hard to find till fall again

Offline chamookman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 03:37:34 am »
I'll be watching, usually catch the show every week. I shot a Chuck Tuesday - He was under a Mulberry I have in the back-yard, munchin' on Berries ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 06:25:35 am »
I'm thinking it should be a good show. He didn't want to give away everything they did but like I said he's a hunter and he also took hunt in Africa so I wouldn't be surprised to see his mounts from that hunt also in a wheelchair.

Offline JEB

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 05:51:30 am »
Let us know when you find out what episode.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 05:55:14 am »
Will do Jeb I think I'll see him today we usually all meet Saturday mornings for a hour or two at a neighbors shop for breakfast and coffee.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2016, 10:13:51 pm »
I talked to Gary yesterday he still hadn't heard when episode he's in will be aired but at the end of last Thursdays episode Jenny mentioned the upcoming ground hog hunt in the Thumb. Not sure when it airs on other PBS Chanel's but here I watch it on channel 35 on Thursday night at 8:00 pm I'll let you know if I hear anymore

Offline bow101

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2016, 10:36:45 pm »
Check your listing for WILD TV cant remember what channel but there is an episode I think in  the next week about Bows.!  Lots of hunting stuff on there.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 08:58:54 am »
Thanks bow101 I'll have to check that out.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 06:46:29 pm »
I got the confirmation today, the episode Gary is on is airing this week Thursday night at 8:00 on channel 35 PBS it may be on at different times on other channels I'm not sure. By the way anyone watch those guys diving out of their boat and chasing down those snapping turtles? They swam under water after them and grabbed them by the tail. Some big snappers too. Then they wieght them took pictures and let them go.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2016, 07:42:22 pm »
15 minutes to the show

Offline chamookman

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 03:33:45 am »
I caught the show last nite - He sure does a GREAT job thinning the Chucks & has a good outlook at Life ! Thanks for the heads up. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 05:03:10 pm »
Glad you got to see the show Chamookman. He really does have a great aditude towards life at first he was naturally upset and frustrated, then he came to grips with everything and realized how lucky he is to be alive and all the things he has to live for. He had 137 confirmed dead ground hogs last Saturday. He only counts the ones they recover. He has along way to go to thin them out enough to even stop their numbers from growing they are everywhere, not just field but under people's buildings, and house's