Author Topic: D Bows Are Not Easier to Build  (Read 7403 times)

Offline Stick Bender

Re: D Bows Are Not Easier to Build
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 04:42:29 am »
Duby I like what you said about following the grain this one looked to me to be in good tiller but the belly ring lines were of a little off so I centered them & there was a nice cicular Island dead center in the bow & all radius marks measured dead the same this bow shoots nice but still has a little vibration left after the arrow leavs I think I still have to do the center by feel in the future to get it a tad more flat. These bows are fun but challenging
If you fear failure you will never Try !

Offline OTDEAN

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 03:59:18 pm »
I have always found stiff handled bows easier to tiller.  I failed miserably with bend in the handle designs for a long time.  I now find going slow on the long string to get perfect tiller at the draw weight I want to aim for while bending to brace height on the long string makes the rest of the tillering when the bow is under tension much easier and allows the tiller at centre to be achieved much earlier and easier.

Dean

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2016, 09:02:35 pm »
D bows are a lot easier to tiller if you use a "gizmo" tool and check it often.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Newindian

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 12:58:35 am »
Y'all are making me feel like a pro >:D, I've never had much trouble tillering so long as the bow isn't to kinky. Like y'all have all said leave the handle till last, but it has always seemed to me that draw weight is more sensitive to wood removal at the handle rather than farther out, something to consider. I've always been of the opinion that if your handle dosent bend than you're wasting wood, which isn't to say I'm against stiff handles but if I can make one bend I will.
I like free stuff.