Author Topic: Beauties in the hotbox  (Read 10002 times)

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
Re: Beauties in the hotbox
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 09:17:46 pm »
You should have seen the looks I got from the sales lady when I told her what I was using the thermometer for.  I got a sweet double boiler for sinew there also.  It was only 14 bucks.  I'm pretty sure it was a store called Linens and Things. 
Traverse City, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 09:28:47 pm »
Danny I thought this was a thread by sawfiler aka Shannon, you can see how easy it is to confuse ya eh
sawfiler - sidewinder quite similar when one is still half asleep ::)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 09:35:52 pm »
Now I gotcha, I'm a little slow and half goofy my ownself. Lol  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 09:47:52 pm »
Nice. I made one several years ago and when I use it, which is not that often, I put my Thermometer/RH meter in there to monitor both moisture and heat
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 10:02:13 pm »
Nice box looks like it will do the job, you ought to ship it to me and let me try it out for awhile to make sure its safe  :D
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 10:17:16 pm »
Marc, I imagine when I have been at it as long as you I will have built up a good enough stash of staves that are already  cured too. At least that would be the goal.

Kayak its super easy to make and does'nt cost more than 30.00  click on the link above and you are on your way to having one.  Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline kayakfisher

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 10:26:20 pm »
$30.00 ! You should be able to break it down and stick it in a manilla envelope and ship it to me for $1.30 yes I went to the link and printed it off going to make me one I have room in my shed ,OH I mean by bowyers den for it thanks
The river of life twist and bends, you never know whats around the next bend till your there

Springfield Mo home of  Kids,Tomato's and Tornado's

Offline Stonedog

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 09:35:40 am »
I really need to build one!  I use Urac for my glue ups, and I keep my house at 65F.....that means no bow work at the moment!  I have a core ready for a hickory backing that is just sitting and mocking my non-progress!  Although Urac doesn't need heat.....it sure woudl be nice to have a spot to keep it above 70F!
Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day.

-Aiel Saying