Author Topic: The talent of P.A. members  (Read 2920 times)

Offline osage outlaw

The talent of P.A. members
« on: June 17, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »
I was at my desk today enjoying some water in a cup that Bowmo made and I got to thinking about the amount of talent that the members of this site posses.  We are all drawn to this forum because of primitive bow making but there is so much more than that represented.  Just a few examples that I thought of were:  Stringman's wood turning, Bowmo's pottery and wood carving, Eric's muzzle loader, Gun Doc's pipe carving, PatB's miniature statues, Pappy's horn work, Bonepile's needle baskets, Bubby's wood carving, Joe York's leather work, Misslemaster's....well pretty much everything Cody makes looks amazing.  I know I'm forgetting a bunch.  It just amazed me skill level outside of bow building that our members have.  I'm proud to be part of this talented community.  Feel free to add to the list.  I know there are a lot more than I could remember.

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
Re: The talent of P.A. members
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 06:51:02 pm »
I will add to that tipistuff's ...well...tipi stuff.  His work is amazing.  He did a museum exhibit near here in Kerrville a few months back and Jake and i got to help.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 09:02:49 pm »
Knolls slingshots your Ramada pearlie and wizardgoat are musician's heck stringman plays a good harp the list is endless
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 09:32:18 pm »
. . . tipistuff's ...well...tipi stuff.  His work is amazing.

WOW!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 09:48:39 pm »
Thanks Slimbob.  That is a cool tipi.

I thought about Knoll's slingshots on the way home from work.  You beat me to it Bubby.  There is probably a lot more musicians than Pearly and Goat on here. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Stringman

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 10:01:44 pm »

There is probably a lot more musicians than Pearly and Goat on here. 

Uh, like mr Harrison...  8)

khalversons knife work
Beadmans buckskin
Bybee's artistic prowess (drawing and ceramics)

Offline neuse

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 07:04:13 am »
Really cool picture picture slimbob.
What was the Kerville event?
I would like to attend.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 07:38:34 am »
Pauly is pretty good at knockin' tin around? :)
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline SLIMBOB

• Deplorable Slim
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 08:06:37 am »
neuse....Kerrville Museum of Western Art puts this one on.  It's done around Memorial Day each year, but there are other museums around the state as well that do the program.  You can pm him for more specifics.
Liberty, In God We Trust, E Pluribus Unum.  Distinctly American Values.

Offline Stoker

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2016, 01:10:04 pm »
There is a wealth of talent on this site on many levels..
Thanks Leroy
Bacon is food DUCT tape - Cipriano

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2016, 06:14:14 pm »
There are so many talented people on this site. I think it just kinda takes somebody that isn't afraid to try to make something they always wanted to make and if they screw it up the 1st time they figure out why and make it work the next time, or the time after that. I do think most of us are probably a bit obsessed and can become totally involved in our projects and I mean that in a good way. I think that many of us have a good ability to see in our minds what are finished project looks like and if it needs to be altered along the way we can see that too. I do have a few favorites I always check out and most of them are very helpful and humble. I don't think many of them sit around watching TV all day. I'm pretty new here but I've never meet a finer group of people and I think I know some pretty good people. Glad to be here
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 07:19:20 pm »
How could you all forget JW's gift of sarcasm and wordsmithing? This amazing group of people has inspired me to make a lot of different things.  Quivers,  knives, bows,  arrows,  arrow heads,  cigar box guitars, fish spears.  The list can really go on and on.  Cooking,  sewing,  gardening.  It really is a group of people who could do anything as a community.  Most of all the outpouring of support for other members when the shit hits the fan.  From a family dog dying,  to someone needing a place to crash while in a cross country emergency trip.  Thanks to everyone who makes this a place that I love coming back to.  Even if I have only met one active member(Jeff P51). My phone has numbers of quite a few of you.  It even g ets strange looks from my wife from time to time "who's Gundoc? " "Who's Osage Outlaw? ".
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2016, 07:19:10 am »
I wasn't going to name anyone because I do truely believe everyone here contributes so much talent, but I just gotta name Zuma. I love to look at anything he post's weather it a magazine article, or a drum, knife, just plain beautiful pictures. I somehow feel a connection to him even though I've never meet him.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline JEB

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2016, 08:12:46 pm »
Pearl Drums osage bows are second to none.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 05:09:54 am »
Yep an amazing bunch for sure,Just take a look at our raffle table at the Classice each year and you have to say WOW. Of course we can't forget you Clint who can make amazing stuff from what other peoples call Junk. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good