Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

90-100lbs selfbow shortie- challenge

<< < (6/7) > >>

Urufu_Shinjiro:
Easy solution to that finger pinch, thumb ring...

Badger:

--- Quote from: sleek on July 21, 2016, 02:20:31 pm ---Do you think this type bow would do any good in a flight shoot?

I assume there is also a sinew backed class? I already have a self bow made i just need to sinew back it due to a crack on the back. I have shot it plenty with that crack but am going to back it anyway. Its 65# right now, a few layers of sinew should get me 80#, I hope. I could reflex the limbs to get string tension up too.... any thoughts on this?

--- End quote ---

If the bow took some set after building which most short bows do I doubt it would be very good. You never know unless you try though.

sleek:
How much set would be the most you would consider before saying its not worth it?

Badger:
  I knoiw a lot of guys post that a bow shows one profile after shooting but quickly recovers. I prefer a bow with no recovery, sometimes bows can loose a little of their profile but not really be damaged. If they show recovery after they sit it is more a sign of damage. So guess my answer is I want a bow with the same profile just unstrung as it will be an hour later.

sleek:
Wow. I would have never thought about the recovery implicatuons that way. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version