Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

90-100lbs selfbow shortie- challenge

<< < (5/7) > >>

Badger:
  This year might be my last year, but as a rule bows can usually find a shooter at the flats, maybe not 100% sure but by joining the flight page you can usually connect with a shooter. What they will do is shoot the bow in practice and if they get off good shots will use it in the tournament. Sometimes a bow may be very fast but for some reason a shooter may be getting better distance from another bow because of arrow flight. So not always a guarantee your bow will get shot.

sleek:
Such a bow, being 45" long and so heavy a draw, with finger pinch ( not terrible at 65 but with high weight may be worse ) is it likely to be shot at all? Maybe an 80# would be better or are there folks who shoot those horn bows that may be interested in shooting? Is there a horn bow class?

Badger:
Complex composite is our horn bow class but no need to shoot it in other classes if it is as selfbow.

sleek:
I understand.  I just need someone who can shoot this short a bow that heavy and pull it that far back.

sleek:
Do you think this type bow would do any good in a flight shoot?

I assume there is also a sinew backed class? I already have a self bow made i just need to sinew back it due to a crack on the back. I have shot it plenty with that crack but am going to back it anyway. Its 65# right now, a few layers of sinew should get me 80#, I hope. I could reflex the limbs to get string tension up too.... any thoughts on this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version