Author Topic: Trade Yew stave for Hickory/Osage stave  (Read 4095 times)

Offline High-Desert

Trade Yew stave for Hickory/Osage stave
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »
Hello all,
I live in the NW and have access to yew trees from the Mount Hood National Forest. I have over 20 yew stave that I cut from 2 yew trees in 2010. They are all air dried and were sealed after cutting and have been seasoning for the past 5+ years.
Having all this yew is great but I don't have access to any other woods. I would like to try Osage or Hickory. I would like to trade a yew stave for a hickory or Osage stave of equal quality. If any one is interested, let me know and I can send a photo of a stave that I'm willing to part with.

Thanks

Eric

Offline JonW

Re: Trade Yew stave for Hickory/Osage stave
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 05:25:09 pm »
What kind of Osage stave you lookin for?

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:33:31 pm »
What kind of hickory stave you looking for?

Russ

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2016, 03:48:46 am »
Where do you live?

Offline sleek

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:28 am »
I would love two yew staves. I have lots of both osage and hickory cured and ready to go. All are great staves. Just let me know if you still need them, I can ship you both.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 02:11:02 pm »
I guess he really doesn't want to trade. Being a first timer makes me wonder....!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline sleek

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 03:08:52 pm »
I got to remember to look at post count  >:(
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:12 pm »
Hey all,
I would like to apologize for not responding the the forum. I responding to those who sent me a PM. I did not realize there was a difference. This is my first time on any forum, and trying to figure it out using my iPhone. So far,  I have trade for some Osage, but would still like some Hickory. My better stuff has already been traded out, but I do have some shorter yew staves. I primarily cut my staves short since I mostly do NW style bows. If anyone is interest in yew for hickory, please PM me, and this is the easiest for me respond to. Will gladly send a photo of staves to be sure it's what you are looking for.

Eric
Eric

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2016, 10:24:56 pm »
   I have lots of #1 hickory shag bark and pignut. Both make great bows. Hickorys been my favoret white wood for 20 years. I made at least 35,40 hickory bows.

I've even have a few personal staves dead straight (#1) debarked, couple inchs of reflex add while green no heat. 60,62,64 LONG.

For a nice 62,64 inch stave. I'd glady trade you one of those. I also have a nice 62,64 ,2,3 inchs of reflex add while green. Quit using heat on moving parts (limbs).
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline High-Desert

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »
I'll see what I have left in the shop, I may have a stave long enough. If not, i am waiting on my permit to cut a yew in the Mount Hood National Forest......If you didn't mind a green stave.
Eric