Author Topic: Making some arrows for Marshall  (Read 6615 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Making some arrows for Marshall
« on: May 13, 2016, 10:04:57 pm »
Needed to make a few more arrows for Marshall. I made two like this the last two nights. Red Oiser that I harvested in Dec. I filed the big end down and cut self nock and sinew wrapped. I did use jig to glue feathers on then sinew wrapped front and back. I don't get to town much and when I did I couldn't find glue on field point just screw in so I sinew wrap front then drill to fit the screw in point.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Making some arrows for Marshall
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:28:09 pm »
That'll work! Perspective of your last pic is excellent.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 10:35:12 pm »
Thanks Knoll old glory kinda goes with my red, white and blue arrow and Memorial Day weekend at Marshall. Didn't have time to shoot this one yet but the 1st one shot real nice.

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:41:32 pm »
Those are almost too pretty to shoot at marshall! They look real nice. I've lost my fair share of their in the cabbage so this year I'm showing up with pink fletched arrows...... seriously

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 10:45:05 pm »
Guess there all I got ???

Offline paulsemp

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 10:55:16 pm »
Never hard to find your arrows when you hit your target, that's my problem..... I got some Michigan red osier here waiting for me here also. You've given me some inspiration to start working on some of mine

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:00:06 pm »
I have the same problem. Some days they go right where I'm looking some days not so much. What distances are targets? And what kind of targets? I think I better keep making arrows. Lol

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 11:05:18 pm »
If this year is similar to last, variety of distances but most are reasonable for self bows ... 35? max, mostly 20 or less. Lotsa downhill and uphill to make it interesting. 2nd half of course provides plenty of opp to go huntin' for your ammo.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 11:07:35 pm »
Sounds like fun but I think I need more arrows

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2016, 12:09:19 am »
Nice looking arrows.  I didn't get time to make any normal size arrows this year.  I've got plenty of mini arrows though.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2016, 06:57:44 am »
Thanks Osage can't wait to lose a few at Marshall.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2016, 07:43:19 am »
Im bringing eight, when they are gone they are gone. I suck at shooting, so it wont take long.

I like your Patriot missile arrows!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 07:49:19 am »
Thanks Pearly good to know I'll have somebody to hang out with when mine are all gone.

Offline PNewton

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2016, 10:03:33 am »
Sharp looking arrows. Perfect color choice for the weekend. Nice course at Marshall to shoot them.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2016, 10:15:03 am »
Sharp looking arrows. Perfect color choice for the weekend. Nice course at Marshall to lose shoot them.

fixed it for ya.    ;)