Author Topic: How did the dog thing work out at Twin Oaks?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

How did the dog thing work out at Twin Oaks?
« on: May 13, 2016, 09:53:28 am »
I was following the request for restraint concerning bringing dogs to the Classic this year, just wondering, did people control their dogs or leave them at home?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: How did the dog thing work out at Twin Oaks?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 10:41:49 am »
Both from what I can tell, Eric.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 07:12:18 pm »
Smokey the dog was very well behaved amd stayed at camp. Im glad he made it, my daughter would have been very disappointed.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 10:07:19 pm »
I all ways thought it was a shame, Pap's dog was in a pen and she lived there.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 11:16:01 pm »
Smokey was happy to see Marley again too Dave. He didn't seem to mind staying at the campsite, after all he's just a dog and
can't shoot the course or knap in the pit so his expectations are low. Mostly he just wants to stay around camp and look for food scraps and sleep. We weren't aware of the request not to bring dogs or we could of left him home. It makes sense though not to have a bunch of dogs in the mix with the crowds. I think everything went smooth though and it was a reasonable rule.

I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »
Greg, i think the request was just to o eave dogs in camp and leased.  Not that smokey would have gone anywhere :). Marley equates the cpassic with getting to see smokey.
"There is a natural mystic blowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Robert Nesta Marley

Offline H Rhodes

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 01:24:13 pm »
  Smokey is a fine dog.  If everyone's dog behaved that well, there would be no need for leash laws.  Actually, Smokey was the only individual in Greg's camp that still wanted to hear me talk about the advantages of a very long bow with just a little string follow.....  I did have to bribe him with some of our tire rim pork chops, still he is a fine dog.  ;D
Howard
Gautier, Mississippi

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 11:47:31 pm »
 :) :) :)  Smokey will listen to all kinds of bs when pork chops are in the mix.
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 04:41:22 am »
Yes it went very well Eric, not one problem, had to let a few folks know that hadn't heard about it but as far as I could tell no one got mad at me over it [I was worried about that] and followed the rule very well. In fact went much better than I thought it would. Yes if every dog was like Smokey and Sally their wouldn't be a problem [well Sally will take a dump now and then where she shouldn't] ;) ;D ;D but truth is that ant the case. :) Their were only a few that I was worried abut making mad and that was a unwarranted fear It seems, they took it very well.  ;)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Dvshunter

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 03:19:29 pm »
My daughter also spent quite a bit of time trying to get sister to come close  enough for her to pet her. Marley  couldnt walk past her pen without stopping.