Author Topic: Where are your favorite spots?  (Read 11026 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Where are your favorite spots?
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 12:04:08 pm »
I also love black water rivers and swamps. We used to spend a lot of time in the Okefenokee Swamp in South GA or the Ogeechee River south of Savannah. It's like fishing in tea. Actually it is tannin tea as many teas are.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 08:00:18 pm »
Don, looks like where I fish in Florida. Maybe that's why I just bought a place in SC.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 08:21:20 pm »
  Eddie,
              Like Pat said, the water looks like strong brewed ice tea...Beautiful when the sun shines into it...Nice Redbreast fishing to! Where in S.Carolina you locating?
                                                                                                                                    Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 10:19:34 pm »
Don, just bought two acres in Mc Cormick county next to Chris Cade's Farm. Not relocating there yet. Maybe in the future but my hunting, fishing out post for now.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Zuma

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2016, 11:12:18 pm »
The flow and essence of the thread is quite pleasant. :)
I have a deep appreciation for those that embrace all that nature has to offer us.   
Trying to express and share this with all of us takes a bit of time and effort.
Thank you all for your thoughts and images. ;)
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2016, 10:23:37 am »
I agree with Zuma 100 percent. I've been reading everyone's replies with great intrest, I don't allways reply right away so people see that someone else has post a spot. The tea colored water reminds me of Tequminaw falls in the U.P. of Michigan. I really apreciate the pictures and stories that people have posted, I hope to see a lot more. Most of my pictures of this spot are on my old phone but here's a place that makes my winter shorter and really enjoyable.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2016, 12:57:32 pm »
There is something mysterious about tannic water like that, Don. Michigan is covered in water like that due to all the cedars and pines along our rivers and lakes "up north". It seems some of our best warm and cold water fishing takes place in tannic water.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2016, 07:18:55 pm »
BJ looks like you have enough fox fur
to put a gray inside a red :)
Err, even enough to share with a fellow
member, cough, cough.
Here is a little of my valley. Arrow
points to my place.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2016, 07:34:51 pm »
That's beautiful Zuma. That's one thing we don't have in Michigan is Mountains there are a few big hills here and there but where I live what us flatlanders call hills are actually gullies. I wish I would have joined this site before I "gave my fur away" this year. I had some of the nicest Red Fox I've ever had. I sure would have rather give them to you than give them up for what I got for them. I did keep 2 Reds, 7 Muskrats, and 2 mink. I figured the little bit I was going to get for them  was going to keep some and make something myself from them

JacksonCash

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2016, 04:27:30 pm »
The tea colored water reminds me of Tequminaw falls in the U.P. of Michigan.
That's a new spelling on me. Tahquamenon falls was just about my back yard growing up. Used to work at the brewery at the upper falls. Going down to the falls at night after the place closed looking at the stars with the water rushing right next to you- that was a pretty nice spot.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2016, 04:47:08 pm »
Yes I never won any spelling bee's wasn't even gonna try Lake Eitchy Titty as my wife calls it. Which is complete opposite clear as glass see all the way to the bottom. You know I never saw that stuff till about 5 years ago when I was 50 years old. Still never saw pictured rocks so much to see so many great spots.

JacksonCash

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2016, 04:51:56 pm »
Don't sweat the spelling- Most people that visit can't pronounce it either. Pictured Rocks are fantastic, you certainly should try to make it up there for them.