Author Topic: Where are your favorite spots?  (Read 11420 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Where are your favorite spots?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2016, 06:46:01 am »
I love it here Pearly. When wife and I went on Honeymoon we wet to northern California took 1900 mile road trip camping in Redwoods, went to coast, checked out NAPA Valley Ended up in Lake Tahoe. Everywhere we went I kept asking my new wife isn't this beautiful? Her reply was always the same yes but it's beautiful back home too. We had the Red Eye from Reno to Detroit no sleep dodged storms most of the flight back. It felt good to get back in our own vehicle but I wasn't really looking forward to the 2 3/4 hr drive in the dark. Once we got off I-94 and out of Port Huron the sky over the lake started its change from a dark star felld sky to a brilliant colorful sunrise. I turned to my new wife and said your right hun it is beautiful here.
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline chamookman

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:13 am »
We are truly Blessed here in Michigan ! One of My very favoritest spots of all, is in a State Forest campsite - under a GIANT White Pine in NE Lower. It would be hard to add all the hours/days over the Years the time spent there. Deer Hunting and Grouse Hunting were the pastimes, but what stands out is the many Selfbow get-togethers held at that Campground. Many Friends have come and gone, and the gatherings faded, but the memories will last forever. I think Wirwicki would agree with Me, that it's truly a Magical spot ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 11:44:52 am »
I agree Bob. I might be a troll but I'm a rural troll. U.P. Has some really cool spots too. Heck I wouldn't blame them if they succeeded and made  there own state. Most of the time when you tell somebody your from Michigan they say oh your from Detroit.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 08:00:15 pm »
Where did you go Ruddy Darter? I saw your post and pictures on my phone but now when I got a chance to reply everything is gone. At any rate they were cool pictures and I'm sure there are more cool spots across the pond and down under and many place on this big rock were all riding around on.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 08:08:47 pm »
Anywhere in the great outdoors of Kain-tuc-kee the happy hunting grounds........
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline stickbender

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 01:43:45 am »
Does this count? This is where I want to be. Maybe I should tidy a bit :-[ :-[ :-[
DC, a person with a clean shop, will never know the abject joy of finding something once thought irretrievably lost!
                                    Wayne

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 10:53:21 am »
If that's the case I should be a very a happy person  ::)

Ruddy Darter.  :D

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 11:06:14 am »
I beg to differ. I can lose a tool in a perfectly clean tidy shop. I also walk to the tool box from some other building or under some piece of equipment and forget what I went there to get have crawl back under or go to the other building to remember. Of course I don't see anything messy about DC's shop either looks pertty organized to me. D Bar that whole region KC, TN ,WV is one of my spots too.Bob sorry I read your post wrong 1st time see your a troll to. Still wouldn't blame U.P. If they made there own state.

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »
Here's one of my favourite spots in the summer, Windsor castle and Windsor great park. It's a bicycle ride from me and is a great place to visit.
Down by the river is a lovely spot for a romantic day out and you can hire little rowing boats, all the swans make it very picturesque, I collect Canada goose feathers from here for fletchings.
 The great park, with its ancient oaks,  is super for a picnic and a stroll around.  :) Worth a visit if your ever around this neck of the woods.

Ruddy Darter.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:33:15 pm by Ruddy Darter »

Offline Zuma

« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »
Blimey ???
One could get run over by the Queen's stags.
Do they have a special bow hunt there :)
Sign me up.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Ruddy Darter

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 04:23:51 pm »
Haha, nope Zuma,
One does not. It is frowned apon to hunt Her Majesty's deer. It is regarded as awefully impolite.  :D

Ruddy Darter.

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2016, 08:56:54 pm »
  Swamp country of S.Carolina...Pocotaligo river...Leaving everything behind for a day ;)
                                                                                                                                        Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;

Offline Adam

« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 09:37:47 pm »
These all look like very special places and I've enjoyed seeing them.  It just dawned on me that I've never taken any pictures in my favorite spots.  I'll have to fix that.

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 08:06:41 am »
Don that sure looks like a place you can leave everything behind and I think that's why these spots are so special to us. Adam I know what you mean about the pictures. That's one thing I like about cell phones is being able to take and look at pictures. One of my favorite spots all my pictures are in my head. When I was younger my dad and a bunch of his friend would go fishing by Blind River Canada. When I got older in my twenties I got to go. We camped at a very primitive site on lake Bearhead just below bigger Lake Matineda. We ate pike we cooked over a small fire on the rocks each day. There were little lakes all around that we could put our small 14' aluminum boats in. I'll never forget how it was all rock but trees growing right out of the cracks in the rocks. It was a annual event till we were told the site was going to have condo's built on it and we could no longer use it. Really wonder what it's like now I would have loved to take my family there

Offline burchett.donald

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 09:33:55 am »
 bjrogg,
             Sorry to here about you losing your site...That happens so many times...Sometimes your memories are better than pictures, kind of like small movies you can play back in your mind that belong just to you buddy...
                                                                                                                                              Don
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison;